Thursday, December 27, 2007

Things I'd like to do...

If TV and school weren't my first priority, that is. I've probably made this list like 50 times in my life and they are generally the same thing but I'll just add to it every now and then

1. Surf
Why: It looks fun and I'd like to have a reason to go to the beach other than to take pictures and shop
Things holding me back: Inability to drive to the beach, not owning a surfboard or a wetsuit, not wanting to spend money on an instructor, tendency towards imbalance, not thin enough to prance around the beach
Likelihood: Extremely unlikely unless I rent a beach house with someone one day or go to Hawaii. And with my hate of vacations, this is not happening any time soon. Plus, at a certain age you can't really learn how to surf anymore, or you'll crack a hip

2. Cook healthy, delicious things
Why: So I can eat. And knowing how to cook things is pretty hot. I want to learn how to make delicious salads and then desserts and then bakery stuff like cakes and then Chinese foods like what my mom cooks and then other foods like lasagna.
Things holding me back: I need a kitchen, a pot, cooking oil, ingredients, the ability to turn on a stove
Likelihood: I probably won't start cooking until I get an apartment. But I also don't want to buy any kitchen materials until I'm rich and I can furnish my kitchen from Crate and Barrel because I don't want to have a bunch of Walmart crap lying around.

3. Knit
Why: Because then I can make my own clothes. Knitted gloves, knitted scarves, knitted sweaters, knitted jeans...
Things holding me back: Yarn, needles, and a teacher
Likelihood: I'll probably buy the materials one day, try to make a scarf, realize it's fugly as hell, and give up

4. Make my own soap
Why: Someone's blog mentioned this anad I think it sounds awesome. I would give soap as gifts
Things holding me back: Materials
Likelihood: Unlikely, until I get my own place. I can't imagine I would be excited to pay tons of money for ingredients to make soap that would have to sit around my house, if I could just spend a dollar for a perfectly usable bar of soap.

5. Drive on the freeway blasting music
Why: It's the best way to listen to music
Things holding me back: Fear of driving on the freeway, inability to judge distances
Likelihood: I think I could go my whole life without driving! If I don't have a car, I'll probably never get car insurance again and by the time I graduate, maybe I can just take the BART to work. But I'm sure I'll drive freeway some day

6.

No comments: