Sunday, December 2, 2007

New food craze: yogurt parfait

Omg my school has two different yogurt parfaits and I love them. It's my new breakfast now. My old breakfast was cereal, but I've moved onto better, more delicious things. I love breakfasts, and now my meals consist of breakfast: yogurt parfait, lunch: cereal, dinner: fruit. Which is pretty good. I need to refine my meals though, because I still end up eating bad things. Anyway, yogurt parfaits. YUM! The one I get at Bear Market, which is right next to the dorms, is basically a flavored yogurt like strawberry or raspberry with a lot of fruit in them. Cantaloupe, honeydew, grapes, and pineapple. I'm pretty sure I wrote an entry about this, because I remember listing out these fruits once. I wonder what I said in that entry... If I were a better blogger, I'd find the post and link it, but I don't have to motivation to.

My floormate told me the one at GBC is better though. The first time I ate it, I was like OH GOD this is disgusting but I finished the entire thing because I was super hungry. I could just tell that if I weren't so hungry, I'd have thrown it away. I promptly told her that it was nasty. Then, I got it again last week. I'm still not sure why. And I thought it was SO. GOOD. It looks a lot like this:
Only there are no strawberries. Where the layer of strawberries are, there instead lies a layer of delicious granola. Yum.

So this is my new favorite healthy food. I think I've manipulated my mind so much that at this point, I actually feel much happier eating healthy foods and when I eat things like hamburgers, I'm like oh god why am I eating this. I want to find out what kind of yogurt this is made of, so I can make it myself. I think a trip to Trader Joe's is in order.

If I were living on my own, I can imagine myself making a yogurt parfait every morning. I'd eat it out of a glass cup, and then sit and listen to music before rushing off to work.

I was looking around flickr for more pictures and the variation on yogurt parfaits is really wide. It goes from looking like a healthy breakfast to looking like a really sweet dessert. From what I've gathered, a yogurt parfait is basically whatever the hell you want to throw in it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Trader Joe's Greek Yogurt with 0% fat is great, but you could use any Greek Yogurt. It's not as sour as regular yogurt, and has a heavier texture. It's not as slimy :)