Saturday, December 15, 2007

Only one more final left

It's 12:16 on a Saturday and I have nothing to do. Although, because I have nothing to do, I want to get started on the shotglass design and order for my club, and the idea of doing that is really starting to stress me out. Boo. Responsibility sucks.

I woke up at 7:28 for my demography final. I walked to Wheeler, blasting Mika - Big Girl on my iPod. HAHA Yesterday I sent Chrystal a few songs and I was like "OMG I know a song that you'd like" and she looked at the file name and said "What are you trying to say, huh?" It was on one of the best trailers for a tv show ever. Freaking cute. It's the most perfect song. Watching the trailer also led to our watching one of the most hilarious scenes of Ugly Betty ever. Again and again and again.

So I was walking to campus and clutching the packet of papers where I had scribbled a bunch of equations, trying to stick them in my memory. I walked in, took a quick survey of the people in the room to make sure I was in the right place, and then sat down, still trying to memorize. The GSI came in and I put everything away, ready to take the test when I realized ... I didn't have my blue book. EMBARASSING as hell. Before, if that happened to someone I would have been thinking "uhh... what did you think we were going to do on final day? Have a party?" but now I'm like "yes, I understand your plight, my friend." I made a lot of attempts to get up and ask to go buy one, but I kept chickening out until finally I was like "I have to do it eventually." Thankfully, she had brought extras. A classmate who I think is super cute was like "you can have one of mine, if you'd like a larger blue book" HEHEHE. Anyway...

The final was ... ok. I think I missed two problems but possibly got partial credit? I'm feeling less sad about my grade because I realize between the midterms and homeworks, even if I had gotten a 90% on my homework, I'd still have to get an A on the final to get a real A in the class, so whatever. I'm just hoping I'm not terribly surprised with a B- or (dear god I hope not) a C over winter break.

One more final, which I have to study for today. Oh how delightful. I'm trying to fill my day with a lot of tasks, so this underlying feeling of loneliness does not emerge. Sigh. I wish I had a friend here who was like MY friend. I think that sounds creepily controlling, but I mean like someone you can just call up and do everything with. Like a friend slave

No comments: