Thursday, December 13, 2007

I should write e-mails to my mom

I never noticed before but I actually really enjoy reading my mom's emails. The e-mail I got today:

Melissa,
Do you need any food? Let me know ASAP. Don't forget to visit new doctor for 1st time. One reason is to eatablish your new "account"? (what's the other proper term) with new doctor. You don't want when emergency happens and there 's no record in their office. So go today or tomorrow. Just tell them you fell you need X-ray. They will send you to the lab. Your doctor visit co-payment is $5 only. No fees for lab. Don't get ripped off. Bye. Take care!

Today is the first day of finals! But not for me. It's finals for all the freshmen who take Chem1A or Math1A, which is just about every freshman who didn't grow up detesting math or science. It's really weird because when I walk down the hall, it's really empty and I know it's because everyone is sitting in some giant room right now, writing away.

I also keep saying "midterms" instead of finals, because I really don't feel like the semester is over. Partly because I don't feel like I've actually learned anything from half of my classes. And also because I'm not itching for school to end. I actually want it to be next semester already. Right now I'm in the state of mind like "OMG I totally have to work my ass off next semester. I'm going to be a work whore" but by the time winter break ends I'm going to be like "ugh school? Why do I have to work?" Also, I feel like there's not really a goal GPA to get. Obviously, I can't flunk all my classes because that would reflect poorly on my resume. But then, I don't feel like it's completely necessary to get straight A's to get a job. Although maybe I do if I want to work for a big4. But still, this is the first time in a long time that I'm not super stressed about grades or really worried about doing well. I think I need to fool myself into thinking that I will be unemployable unless I get straight A's from here on out.

Time to gym. Chrystal freaked out about getting fat yesterday. Whenever people freak out, I freak out too because then I'm like OH NO someone in the world think they're fat! I need to get thin too. I am also unfortunately wearing my fat underwear today, which gives me stomach fat rolls. Something to do with how high it is and how it pinches my stomach. Unfun. I usually save that underwear for days when I feel thin, so the next day I'm like "yes, there is still more you can do to lose weight." But yesterday I just grabbed it out my drawer without thinking. Sigh sigh. Must work out!

Crazy idea I had: When I feel hungry, I go to the gym! Because after I exercise, I always feel like I don't feel like eating. Flaws in the plan? I THINK NOT.

Finally - this is like the entry of misc thoughts - I'm now hooked on a show. Aliens in America! It's a 30min comedy on the CW. I know: THE CW? WTF!? Unless the show is named Veronica Mars, it couldn't possibly be good right? Surprisingly WRONG. Aliens in America is HILARIOUS. I laughed out loud a LOT at the first episode I watched. It's really well-written and has really really good music. There is also an absurdly normal number of Asian people on the show. I'm not someone who goes WE NEED MORE ASIANS ON TV. ASIAN POWER but when it does happen, it's like WOW. A show that's not only white people. *cough* the oc *cough* This is the first episode I watched. You all HAVE to watch it because finals are over for most of you, and for those who still have finals, you need a break.

Click here for a good time

I know there's a bunch of lazy people out there who won't click on a LINK so from the very sparse collection of youtube videos:

No comments: