Sunday, December 2, 2007

Embarcadero ice skating

My floormate had his birthday celebration at the embarcadero today. When we go there, I was like OMG I've been here before! But ... the ice rink wasn't here! And then I realized the ice rink is not always there. It was extremely cold. When we were in the hallway, about to go, all the guys were like are you sure you don't want another jacket? but I figured it would be enough. It was not. After ice skating for some time it felt fine though. But then walking from the bart station to the dorms was pretty cold. If I really do go to Lake Tahoe during winter break, I need to find some more jackets. At first I thought I could manage with what I have, but I now realize that if I can't stand the cold here, I'll probably die when snow is added.

We ate Tony Roma's and I had a portabello mushroom burger. It was in the embarcadero center which is really pretty and nicely built. It doesn't feel like a mall though, it feels like some business center. I kind of thought it felt like being in Minority Report. Talking to Caroline, I realized that I haven't been eating out as much as I planned, so I'm planning on eating at La Note, and Brazilian Cafe before winter break ends. Then I have to plan where to take the people coming up to visit. Then I have to plan where to take Caroline when she comes to Arcadia. So many restaurants! I'm definitely going to gain holiday weight. Tear. Also, I need to visit Fisherman's Wharf sometime. And maybe the Berkeley marina for a run.

Ice skating was fun. My legs hurt a lot, which makes me think that I don't really know how to ice skate. Whatever. As long as I don't fall down. At the very end, I heard the loudspeaker say "Will ____ please go to the center of the ice rink" as if someone was looking for her. As I was untying my ice skates, everyone started cheering and clapping and I realized that she was being proposed to. AWW CUTE. Ice skating at the embarcadero is like a knockoff of what I imagine the Rockefeller ice rink to be. It makes me really want to go to NYC for the winter. How awesome would it be to ice skate while it's snowing? HEHE

I love nor cal.

To do tomorrow: finish comp lit essay, do fundraising stuff

No comments: