Saturday, December 22, 2007

Lunch with the family

Me: Did you buy me a Christmas present yet?
Mom: *smiles*
Brother: She got your insurance for your car
Me: What are you going to give me? Money? Hey, I didn't even get my birthday present yet
Mom: You just want money now because you're running out
Brother: You got a birthday present?! Did I even get anything?
Mom: We took you out to dinner on your birthday
Me: I didn't even get anything! Not even a dinner!
Mom: I gave you $100!
Brother: You got $100 dollars and I got a $30 meal split between 3 people?
Mom: You get my full love
Me: HAHA. I got cash.

Mom (setting out a taco salad): This is something new I've made! Show them how to eat it
Dad: What's to show? Put in mouth. Bite. Swallow.

Dad: We have Mexican sauce for this! It's very spicy!
Me: We have this at our dining commons
Dad: You can tell it's Mexican. Just look at the bottle. *points to bottle* See, that's Jose

Me: You have something green in your teeth
Mom: Oh. Good thing I'm eating this at home. This is not a meal I would make for my boyfriend
Me: You don't have a boyfriend
Brother (to Dad): How does that make you feel?
Mom: He doesn't understand what we're talking about
*Dad quietly eats taco salad*

New blog I've found. It's so awesome. I love reading about cute little kids who say funny things.

I'm going to Target now to buy gifts. The weekend before Christmas. In middle school and high school, all my gifts would have been ready and wrapped a week before the last day of school. I never understood why there would be crowds shopping so close to Christmas. I understand now.

No comments: