Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Sitting in my dark room

I just finished my finals. By the end, I was not in the mood to study computer science at all. Boo to that class. It is raining and windy up in Berkeley, which is no fun and now my pants are drenched. Everyone is sleeping in my room and I don't think they'll be getting up until lunchtime. OH I SHOULD GYM. I don't like the idea of taking my umbrella to the gym though, it's a huge hassle. I'll debate after I finish writing this entry.

I used to get very AHH!!AHHH!!! if we went out and things were not perfectly planned. Now, I've grown to just let things fall as they may because plans seem to change anyway. Yesterday was one of those days. I hadn't even decided where we would eat for breakfast when I woke up. Danny woke up surprisingly early. We went to La Note, which is this super cute super cozy delicious French restaurant. I got some sort of omelette that had orange marmalade in it. Danny, Eric and Jackie even got hot drinks, I think because there was such a grown-up coffee feel to the place. I think everyone enjoyed their meal, even though it wasn't as cheap as usual Berkeley meals go. Efforts to find a fabulous picture of La Note on flickr.com have failed.

Then we set off on our walk down Shattuck. Danny suggested a movie, and I was like ok! When he saw that Enchanted was playing, he got excited so we decided to watch it. Henry was like "what is this about?" and I was like "WAIT. You don't know what this movie is? NO ONE TELL HIM" and everyone started going "NO ONE TELL HENRY! NO ONE TELL HENRY!" but then we walked in and he saw a movie poster and he was like AGHHH NOOO. I guess Amy Adams singing is not appealing.

We went in and the movie theater was in a small little room and we were the first ones in. They were very excited about that. We all sat in our own rows. The movie turned out to be pretty good. Danny plans on downloading that album later. Danny also enjoyed singing the songs as we walked around Berkeley.

Imagine that, only with Danny

Amy Adams is freaking cute! I think her character could have been unbearably annoying but it was pretty well done. The singing was actually fairly nice, although I think the problem with Disney movies now is that they try to churn out music that would sound good on the radio, so it gets radioplay and becomes a popular hit for a few weeks. But I think a lot of the magic in classic Disney movies had to do with the soundtrack, and those songs just aren't supposed to be played on the radio.

After that, everyone was happy because the movie was actually good. We walked around with a "What are we doing now? I don't know we're going to walk around" mentality. We went into Games of Berkeley which is this toy store with what seems like every board game imaginable. Danny happily bought Bang. Walked on with the intention of eating at Cheeseboard ... only to find that it's closed on Mondays. Boo.

So we backtracked out of Gourmet Ghetto, with me going "well at least you saw the pretty part of Berkeley!" and headed to Brazil Cafe. The stand was closed, but we went to the actual restaurant where we got sandwiches, although to Eric and Henry they were like little finger foods. Then we stopped by Alvin's place, where we played some Smash. Danny left, saying "I'm happy now. I got to play smash." We all agreed that Danny is complexly simple.

Went through campus to head to Cafe Intermezzo but they decided that they wanted Asian Ghetto again so we went there. Try to guess who got what. 1) Udon 2) Donut Holes 3) Giant hoagies sandwiches

Then we went home and it became a sort of random night where people did what they wanted. In the end, Jackie and I went to bed around 3am and the boys had gone downstairs to the main lounge to play Bang. I woke up at 7am to head off to my final when I discovered that the floor was completely empty. I went downstairs to see them PLAYING BANG. Goodness. I doubt they slept at all. THEY ARE NOW THOUGH. It's 9:40! It's a good thing I ate a yogurt parfait before my final or I'd be sitting here getting hungrier by the second.

I came into the room and Jackie was like "Eric wanted you to wake him up when you came back." So I shook Eric and he turned away from me, still sleeping. I shook him again and he opened an eye and I was like "Did you want me to wake you up?" and he was like "oh yeah" *closes eyes* Then Henry's alarm went off and I turned it off and I shook him said "did you set your alarm for 9:00?" and he nodded and I thought he was about to get up when he ... closed his eyes and turned away. Eric's phone later rang, and I threw it at his pillow and he made a move like "GAH why is it suddenly ringing so loudly" before he turned it on silent and went to sleep. Basically, I think I'm going to be sitting in my room quietly for the next five hours.

This was a really xanga-like entry. Lame huh? Well, I don't think we're going to snowboard in Lake Tahoe because there is now a snowstorm and we can't drive up through a snowstorm. The boys reacted with a "YAY MORE BERKELEY FOOD" and I reacted with "oh good I didn't want to spend money on a snowboard rental / oh good now I can gym before I leave Berkeley / oh crap I don't know where else to take them for food." I guess we shall see.

No comments: