Monday, November 5, 2007

Yum ... not quite

I'm eating one of those packaged salads that I so often get from the campus market. Asian Noodle Salad with Tofu. Noodles, good. Tofu, delicious. So delicious that sometimes I wish that there was just a block of tofu in here and I could chip away at it with a fork. Carrots, good. Sauce, the perfect amount. Bell peppers, ugh but I will eat them since they're healthy. Beans, wtf is this and how do I eat you?

Seriously, they have these ... bean things and I have no idea how I'm supposed to eat them. Usually, foods with such a hard shell mean that you only eat what's inside. Yet, when I peel them open, there's just a few little measly beans, and when you try eating those alone, they're pretty nasty as well. I used to force myself to eat them, but the more I ate them, the more I was convinced that these are pure garnish and no one in their right mind is supposed to eat them.

Something terrible will happen today, I just know it. I'm going to get hungry when class ends at 5, and I'll think to myself "I only ate that salad for lunch... I deserve something delicious. My stomach is pretty flat today" *scarfs down giant lasagna from Gypsys* Fast forward to 9:00 tonight: "OMGGG WHY DID I EAT THAT I HATE MYSELF ARGHHH"

Things I wish I had eaten instead of that salad:
- Chicken Pesto Calzone from Gypsys
- Spaghetti and Meatball from Gypsys
- Lasagna from Gypsys (when I get super hungry, my stomach immediately craves the over-filling Italian food of Gypsys)
- Mushroom steak Hoagie from IB Hoagies

No comments: