Friday, November 2, 2007

I will never sleep before 12:30 again

Basically I went to bed at midnight last night, about an hour earlier than I usually do. I technically fell asleep sometime around 12:30, after a little for-fun reading. Also, because my mind wasn't as tired as it normally is at night, I ended up having an anxiety attack over what I have/want to do. Because I was already in bed, I couldn't reach a pen or paper and I couldn't write things down, which only made me panic more.

I'm pretty sure I kept tossing and turning the whole night. I woke up around 4:50 and kept moving from side to side until I finally turned on the light and tried boring myself back to sleep with some reading. Instead, I just got more awake and at 5:45 I rolled out of bed.

Now, that's all fine because I really actually enjoy waking up at dawn. Although I wouldn't call 5:00 or even 5:45 dawn, since it's completely dark outside. Anyway, I was totally excited to start work at 6:00am. I was planning on doing some economics reading and some comp lit reading before rolling out and heading over to the gym. Any bets on how this plan turned out?

This is where the day (already 4 hours earlier than I normally start my day) takes a turn for the shit.

After brushing my teeth and everything, I watch an episode of Grey's Anatomy. I pour myself a bowl of cereal EXCEPT I have very little cereal left and I can't get anymore from the campus market since it's closed. Mistake #1: I end up accidentally pouring too much milk, so I decide to use some of my roommate's cereal to finish off the milk I have left. Mistake #2: This is the cereal she bought at the beginning of the school year. Which started in August. I don't know if it went stale or if it originally kind of crappy tasting, but I ended up needing something to erase the taste from my mouth.

Mistake #3: Instead of eating grapes or my banana, as I now realize I SHOULD HAVE, I end up eating about 5 pieces of chocolate. I woke up feeling fairly good about my stomach, but of course now I'm like "OH MY GOD NOOOOOO" and it's ONLY 7 AM.

Although it IS 7am and I think I'll go run around the track today.

I'm still very pissed at myself and now I don't want to do anything. I have a ton of work I've been saving to do for the weekend though, and I have to go to office hours for something I signed up for. ARGH. I HATE THIS WEEKEND ALREADY.

No comments: