Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Thanksgiving has begun

I'm home! And I'm in that annoying phase where I've arrived but no one is here so I can't do anything and I keep thinking to myself ... why did I come back? But I know I'll be super happy by the end of the weekend so I'll just take this moment to blog.

Driving home during Thanksgiving ... not fun. And I wasn't even driving. When we got out of Berkeley, we ran into some crap traffic at the beginning and it lasted for about two hours. I didn't bring a book, which I wish I did. I also just kept staring out the window, thinking about nothing when I really should have been thinking about how to get started on my Haas essay. Why do I want to do business? Hmm...

Economics midterm was NOT good. I don't think I could have studied any more but when I got the test, for some reason I panicked like crazy and I couldn't concentrate on the questions. Also, the worst thing ever happened - MY PENCIL BROKE. The lead wouldn't come out even though it clicked so I had to screw on the cap, click, unscrew the cap, push down the brass thing holding the lead, push the lead down so only a little was protruding so it wouldn't snap, write, and then repeat the process about ten times. NOT a good testing environment. When I got back to the dorm, I put my pencil down on my table with the thought "I am going to take you to the beach and watch you melt in a bonfire" before getting ready to leave.

This is a really shitty entry. I'm starting to feel EXTREMELY restless from just sitting all day. I would go running but it's pretty late. I have a lot of pent-up energy in me ... I kind of want to punch a wall. Or do jumping jacks. I think I just have to stop sitting at the computer.

I also feel fat because I ate a damn Marie Callendar's Chicken Pot Pie. UGH it was beyond disgusting. I've stopped eating frozen foods, and I could really taste the plastic or preservatives or general frozen foods taste in it. It also burned my tongue, little fucker. It wasn't even completely warm. Fucking microwave oven. I wish I had stopped eating it. It was really not worth it. But it's harder to throw away food at home than it is at school.

Reasons why Berkeley > Home:
1) My mother is not constantly asking "do you want to eat anything? do you want to eat anything?" OMFG I DON'T EAT, OK. If you're going to react happily to my supposed weight loss maybe you should help me out by not trying to cram food down my throat.
2) Cable tv at school. I would be watching The Girls Next Door right now. Sigh
3) I don't remember the exact spellings of the blogs that I read, so now I have nothing to do. No lives to read about. Only my own to write about.
4) The itunes I have on this computer is about 8% of the itunes I have at school. I really want to upload a bunch of songs onto my ipod that I suddenly want to listen to, but they're not HERE. Although, I actually do like listening to this iTunes sometimes, because an old song that I used to love will come on and I'll be like "WHOA! I didn't know this was here!"
5) It's really cold in my room here and I don't have enough blankets. Just about every time I sleep in my bed, I wake up curled up in a little ball, shivering
6) No swimming pool. No elliptical. No boat machine. No treadmill. FOR FOUR DAYS. omg I'm going to go insane.
7) Really annoying version of aim on this computer. I like the old versions, where it was very simple.
8) I'm going to get fat this weekend. I already feel fatter. Which is partly why I would like to punch a wall right now.

I need to do something. Maybe pee.

Me: Do you think I got thinner?
Mom: I DO! I was going to tell you when I first saw you, but I thought it would be awkward to say it in front of your friends
Me: You should have just said it. They would have probably laughed
...
Me: Do you think my skin got better?
Mom: Yes! It is better! And I think you got paler. This time you came back prettier

Thanks mom. I think.

No comments: