Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Things I want to do

I don't really feel like working but I'll allow myself only twenty minutes to blog before I absolutely must do work. Anyway, I don't really have very much work to do now, and there are only about THREE sessions left for each of my classes. How bizarre. You expect to have half a semester to go after Thanksgiving break, but it's actually only two weeks! Eek. If you asked me what I've learned this semester, I couldn't tell you. I don't know what's going on in most of my classes. I actually don't think I've learned anything from demography. No lie.

So I actually have quite a bit of extra time that I just squander away. I'm getting in those "boo I wish I were able to do this" moodswings, which happens from time to time. I'm also in a "I'm a fatass and all I want to do is eat junk food and sit in my room all day" mood but thankfully my floormate forces me to go swimming, so I haven't gained too much weight.

1) Surf
I think I tell everyone this. Sometimes I wish I had gone to a beach school so that I could have taken surfing classes. I'm sure that's not a good reason to choose a college though. I need to a) learn how to drive freeway so I can actually get to the beach b) buy a surfboard c) buy a wetsuit d) find a surfing instructor, a really good friend who knows how to surf, or a (hot) nice guy on the beach who will teach me (and love me)

2) Knit
I just need to buy whatever it is people use to knit (yarn? thread? clearly I know nothing) and some knitting needles. And then learn how to knit. Imagine how many articles of clothing I could have made by now, if I just knit while watching tv. Goodness.


3) Make crafty things
Why can't I make cute little things like this?I want to be a Martha Stewart. Without the orange jumpsuit. But imagine all the things you could do if you were crafty! This is one of those really idealistic dreams though because I can hypothetically knit and I can surf but I don't think any amount of effort could erase the fugly I put into artsy things. Seriously, I don't think I've ever been able to make anything that looked cute and proportionally correct. Just look at my drawings.

4) Cook
Even though I do not have a kitchen. Although I could totally just go downstairs and cook, the cleanliness of that communal kitchen is really questionable. I wish I could make this though
Mmm. and even Asian foods. It would be awesome if I could make my own sushi. I'd end up eating so much raw fish though, I'd just die of mercury poisoning.

Eff, it's 10:00. Do I even wish I could do anything else?

4) Make friends in my classes
I guess it's too late now, since there's only a week and a half left of school. I'm happy with the friends I have now, but sometimes I look around the classroom and I'm like "boo I kind of wish I knew that person better, he/she looks interesting." I also wish I had been more friendly at the beginning of school in my dorm, but now it seems kind of awkward. "Hi! I never spoke to you for four months even though we lived together, but let's be friends"

Homework time!

HAAAA awesome. Kristen Bell's "damn this shit" face before she gets out of the car is so Veronica Mars

Also, HOW MANY times do I have to rave about How I Met Your Mother before people WATCH IT?! If it gets cancelled, I will be very unhappy

1 comment:

FL said...

that penguin is pretty ugly.