Thursday, November 1, 2007

November 1st

The beginning of my "before I return home for Thanksgiving" diet
The day Haas applications come out.

I'm 45 minutes late to the gym because I had to do my telebears (schedule classes for next semester). Looking at the schedule of classes, I was pretty certain I'd get all my classes. Instead, I've been waitlisted for two. I'm hoping I'll get in, considering that sophomores don't usually start taking Haas core classes.

Surprisingly, I looked at the Haas essay questions and I already have an idea of what to write. The one that repeats, "why do you want to do business" came to me when I was sitting in demography. I zone out a lot in that class, but today, my zoning out actually had some productivity. I looked at the question that changes year to year, "if you could pick one person to be a professor at Haas, who would it be" and I thought of one person at first but then I thought of another person and I think I could write about that. So ... now I just have to ... write it.

Sometimes I look at myself in the mirror around 1:00 in the afternoon and think to myself "oh wow! I'm actually fairly thin! I'm happy now" and then I realize that I'm probably this thin because I haven't had anything to eat yet, except maybe a banana. And then I am somewhat saddened.

Lady Danville - Tired Magican
(my new favorite song! I hope I can find their cd when it comes out. I'd actually buy it)

No comments: