Friday, November 16, 2007

My Friday Night

I'm happy right now even though I didn't do ANY of the school work that I planned to do. Not only that, but my diet has not gone well, seeing as how I ate Papamingo TWICE in ONE day. Papamingo is a version of Pinkberry, only it's supposedly better. I don't remember the taste of Pinkberry at all, so I can't make a judgment. I had it in the afternoon during my office hours, because the guy I work with is freaking nice and bought some for us. Last time he bought fried green tea ice cream thing too and he got like ONE bite and I ate practically the entire thing. It makes me feel really guilty but I'm not used to people NOT eating food. I'm used to my friends eating as they please. People are overly polite I think. Do what you want, people! Or I'm going to walk all over you.

Then I went out to eat with my floormate and she was like "I kind of want Papamingo" and I was like "Do you want to go?" "Ok!" I planned on getting some green tea yogurt ball, which I am guessing is somewhat like a mochi ball. Turns out they didn't have any, and I was really about to turn away and be like "oh it's ok then" but the cashier was like "we do have green tea yogurt though, do you want that?" and I was like "uhh ... uhh ... ok." Delicious, and it doesn't make you feel as fat as ice cream does, but my stomach is DEFINITELY NOT flat tonight.

The hilarious thing is both my floormate friend and I had Papamingo twice in a day. It's really bizarre because I'm fairly close to her now and we are oddly VERY similar except in our food tastes, which are COMPLETELY opposite. She loves mustard, and hates sushi for one. But at the same time, she likes to wake up early (although much earlier than me - she woke up at 5:40 today to go running), and we both completely understand each other about eating/exercising. Basically every time we talk to each other, we run through what we ate the entire day, and we'll both listen and go "hmm that's ok that's ok ... oh yeah probably should not have eaten the donut, yeah." Best exericse/diet partner, seriously.

Then we watched some tv before going to a volleyball game with some other people on the floor. Eek! My first college sport game. I know nothing about volleyball, but I had an idea that you have to play to some amount of points. I was like "maybe they play until 15." *time goes by* "maybe 20 ... or ... 25?" Turns out it's 30. We won the first two sets (look at me using a sporty word) and I was like "ok I guess this is it!" but everyone still stayed and it turns out they have a THIRD set. We won that one too (yay!) but I have no idea what would have happened if we had lost. Would we have had to stay for five sets? Because I was already getting a bit antsy.

I LOVED the volleyball game. It makes me wonder how much more I would love going to a football game. I got a little free pom thingy that you wave around too. It was awesome. We're planning to go to all the games now. For me, I'll go as long as they're free. During the game, I was kind of like "aw now I wish I HAD gone to the UCLA vs. Cal game that time with tmv" even though we lost that game. Oh well.

Tomorrow I seriously have to start studying for economics. It hasn't occured to me yet that Thanksgiving is NEXT week, and consequently, my midterm is on WEDNESDAY. This sounds overachieverish, but I want an A+ in the class. Only because I think I could get it, and I think I'm going to get B's in my other classes so I want to do really well in this prereq. Tomorrow is beginning of SWIMMING SCHEDULE, eating Cheeseboard (omg yum delicious eek!), starting my Haas first essay, finish demography homework, reading comp lit, reading 9 lectures worth of econ lectures, and finishing my computer science website. What a long day tomorrow will be. Thankfully there is no TV on Saturday to distract me.

No comments: