Sunday, November 4, 2007

My lack of music is depressing me

I really need new music. I'm in one of those phases where I don't like to hear any of the songs on my iTunes, and none of the unsorted files I've downloaded seem appealing to me. What I want is really upbeat music that I can gym to, but my music is all fairly mellow. I have maybe a few songs that are poppy but you can't listen to them for very long before they become annoying. I tried downloading random rap songs but I didn't like ... any of them. When I don't have music to listen to, I end up thinking more, which often makes me sadder about life. Which is why I need music NOW! So I can be cheered up.

I just ate a bunch of cashew crunch. I don't know ... I can recognize that this is a fairly healthy snack but the fact that they're nuts make me ultra-full. I don't understand WHY I eat them at 11pm at night. I don't know WHY instead of eating a banana or grapes or NOTHING (as I am supposed to be doing past 10pm), I end up opening my bag of cashew crunch.

I'm more apathetic about things that I once loved, but I wouldn't call myself apathetic about life. I think I'm just focusing more on my classes and Haas now, which is a good thing. But, I don't enjoy reading celebrity gossip anymore, I don't really want to bother looking for blogs to read, and I'm starting to find tv recaps as more of a bad distraction rather than pleasurable reading material. I'm also getting annoyed when people IM me. I wish I could be able to just not go on AIM, but then I'd feel like something is missing in my taskbar. Usually I just leave an away, but sometimes I come back and I forget it, and someone IMs me and I'm like "... fuck ... me." It's not that I don't like the people who IM me. The conversations are just so ... uninteresting. They don't go anywhere, the same topics are brought up, and it too closely resembles polite conversation. It's such a waste of time and I just end up getting thrown off my schedule. I now respond to the orange blinking light of an IM box with "god, what now?"

HAHA omg how ironic. Right as I'm about to post this, Alvin ims me, and my initial response is actually "oh! alvin! yay!" HAHA

Things I want to do:
- take back the cashew crunch I chowed down
- explore stores on college ave.
- have my demography project and computer science project magically finished
- read for fun
- start on my haas application

No comments: