Sunday, November 18, 2007

Cooking Extraordinare

I came back from the gym and really wanted to eat an apple. Partly because it's THREE MORE DAYS until I return home, and partly because after exercising, I'm not too hungry. I got an apple and was debating whether to cut it or not. I basically walked in and out of my room with the apple in my hand twice. Because I'm really indecisive that way. I decided that if I cut it, I could study at the same time. So I dug out my yellow Target plates (which I'm convinced was the best investment I've made in my lifte) and the knife I bought from Walmart and headed off to the bathroom sinks.

I haven't cut fruit since summer, and even then, I was never particularly good at it. So I took my knife and got ready to take one big cut, confident that it would cut perfectly in half.

Instead, by the time I've reached the other end of the apple, I've missed the core by about half an inch and now I have one dinky piece of apple with no seeds and one giant piece that will require a lot of manuevering to get the core out. I instantly think "I bet I could blog about this" and continue cutting while thinking about how I would start an entry like that, when I realize ... I've cut my finger.

Good going. I always get these ideas in my head like "if only I had a kitchen I could cook a bunch of fabulous foods and I'll never have to eat out again." Then, when I actually do end up doing anything remotely related to the kitchen, I realize I know nothing about anything. I'm just hoping I don't burn down my apartment next year.

On another note, I'm really tired of studying for economics. I don't know if I burned myself out from yesterday, or if I just really don't want to study. I feel like I'm just wasting my time reading things that I already know, when I could be using my time doing better things. Such as blogging. Or Christmas shopping.

No comments: