Sunday, November 25, 2007

End of Thanksgiving Break

Wow it's Sunday. And I'm home! I wish I knew if anyone else were back in the dorms, not that I could do anything with them. Seeing as how it's 3:30 am. I went to take a shower right when someone else took a shower (in the stall that I use too). Maybe he thought he was the only one in the dorms or maybe he's been here alone this entire Thanksgiving break, but he started taking off his pants before the shower door shut and I walked by and I was like ... please don't be that comfortable in the communal bathroom.

My face and my lips are super dry from being in SoCal. I feel like in the last 10 hours, I gained a lot of weight and my stomach expanded. I'm also in a "I want to search through my entire iTunes for music" because road trip mix cds always have songs that I used to listen to and then I think HEY! I love that song. Why did I stop listening to it? Right now it's Coldplay - Yellow

Tomorrow I shall finish my first Haas essay. And possibly go up and down College Ave to do some Christmas shopping. Actually ... never mind. I think I might have a lot of homework to do. Maybe I should just finish everything so this entire week will be homework free. Crap, there were a lot of things that I put off, saying "I'll deal with this after Thanksgiving."

I realized this break that every time I come home, I expect nothing to have changed. I always expect the same people to also be at home, and that they'll always be available to do things. It's like I have two lives - one in Berkeley that actually changes with experience and one that is put on pause back in Arcadia that won't ever change. Even though I already expect Arcadia-life to change, I can't help trying to imagine that it won't. It'll probably still be a rude awakening when we graduate from college and move off to whereever we find jobs/grad schools. And specifically for TMV, I think the biggest milestones we'll have in the future are when Danny gets rid of his minivan and when someone's parents move out of their house.

I can't find my tweezers. Boo.

I should probably sleep soon. AHHH The dining halls are not open tomorrow for breakfast. I have been left to fend for myself. What should I eat? Maybe a crepe. HA. No, I shouldn't.

I kind of want to take all the labels off my posts, because I don't like how I labelled my entries. That will be super annoying to do though.

My aunt who I have not seen in a fairly long time also said I got fatter. To which I say, I think your mind is fucked up because the last time I saw you, I was pretty fat and I'm far thinner now. Also, ... well. I don't know if my cousins would ever read this blog, or if they would even be able to find it. But what a little. Yeah. I think it's annoying that I have to smile and be polite to her comment when I really just want to punch her in the face. I can understand if someone says it to someone who actually does need to gain weight (which I do not), but even then, they should only say it if they have the grace to say it kindly. And also, they should be able to recognize when someone gives them a big "WTF ... excuse you" look instead of going on and saying "Yes! You are fatter than your mom!"

I know I'm going to read that one day many months from now and think "omg I totally forgot I dislike her. HATE!"

No comments: