Thursday, November 29, 2007

Why today sucks ass

1) I got a 77 on my econ midterm
Ok, so this is actually the median score for my section, meaning I got a smack-in-the-middle B. But BOO. Now I have to really work to not get an A-. And I don't think I can get an A+ anymore. I've noticed that all the questions I got wrong for the first and second midterm still don't make sense to me, so I have to figure them out before the final. Also, the new material is kind of hard to understand, so shucks.

2) Did not gym; instead, napped
I'm super lazy now, even though I can tell I got fatter. It's just not the level of fat that makes me want to get up and gym. Damn you Thanksgiving break! Either I felt too good about my body or three days of non-gymming really throws me off track. I need someone to constantly put me down so I'm always motivated to gym. Too bad I would make said person cry. With my words.

3) Lack of clothes
I've put off doing laundry for a REALLY long time. Not only that, but the last time I did laundry, I decided not to wash all my jeans, thinking I would be doing laundry soon anyway. I'm not 100% certain what's clean and what's not in my closet, because sometimes I hang things back up if I think they can be reworn. I took some underwear home that got washed, so it put off my need to do laundry even longer. Now, I'm kind of running out of nice clothes to wear and the ones in my laundry basket are too nasty to consider digging out.

4) Nothing to do
I have projects to do and finals to study for, but they're not immediate so I'm kind of like hm... there's nothing to do ... and I don't even have shows to watch because nothing is new and I don't want to watch any reruns. So I really have NOTHING. Which is why I napped today. Also, Haas apps were due today so now I have this state of mind that's like "Well I don't have anything to do until March 12, ladeedah"

5) Lots I want to do
Then, I have a bunch of things I want to do (see: entry below) but they all require some amount of initiative that I just don't want to put in. Which then feeds into a cycle of "I hate my life. I want to do things. I'm too lazy to do things."

6) Freezing ass shower
I decided to take a shower at 3pm today. Someone was in the stall I usually use, which has a bathtub. So I used a real shower stall, and the water would not turn hot. Not only that, but the cold water was ICE cold. Eventually, it got a little warmer, but I know it was only "warmer" relative to the ice cold. I took the shower shivering and when I came out, instead of my usual "that felt warm and nice" I was like "DEAR GOD PUT CLOTHES ON IMMEDIATELY."

7) Friends (or lack of)
Ok, not lack of. I've actually been talking to more people on my floor lately. I even got invited to a birthday celebration, even though I called him by the wrong name. HEH. In my defense, he looks like a Brian and nothing like a Paulo. In his defense, Paulo is probably not limited to Mexicans. But lately, I've been sitting in my classes and looking around and thinking "darn, that person looks really interesting. Too bad I never talked to him/her." I was early to my demography class today and I talked to one of the grad students in my class and she was super nice. She's from Brazil. I wish I had taken advantage of my demography class because I love making friends with older people, and my demography class is actually 1/3 grad students. (Which was really terrifying to find out at the beginning of the school year, until you realized that the grad students had no idea what was going on in the class either). One week left. Who would like to be my friend?

I realized that most of these are actually not limited to today, but every day. Oh well.

I think I'm going to eat ice cream at night. Then I will forget about my econ midterm.

No comments: