Sunday, November 25, 2007

Christmas Presents

I've been sitting at my computer for the past 5 hours doing just about nothing. I'm trying to finish my Haas essay, and honestly, every time I think about it I'm like "this is so easy I can do it in half an hour!" But then half an hour rolls by and I've written a sentence. Not good. I have a lot of work to do too. And all I can think about is what I want to do for Christmas.

I want to make PILLOWS! And after Owen said something about how he loves pillows made out of shirts, now I want to make pillow shirts! Look and see
Cute huh? Only I don't have men's shirts just lying about, waiting to be destroyed by my hands. I don't know how to sew at all. I feel like all it takes is some thread and a needle, and the patience and ability to just go in and out in a straight line. But then when I try reading about how to do things like sew and knit, I see all these "you need THIS fabric for THIS and THAT fabric for THAT" and a bunch of different sewing techniques and my mind goes blank. Also, I don't know if I have the time during finals week to sit around sewing things. This seems like a thing housewives do, not students who are scrambling to pull up their grades.

I want to try not talking about what I ate or how little I exercised until Christmas time. HAHA I think I can last a day.

No comments: