Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Years! (edited 1/1)

Boo to the winds! It was too windy at Disney so they didn't set off any fireworks. But I'm glad we paid for parking because I still had lots of fun. We walked around downtown disney and even though I was a freaking fifth wheel it was not weird. :) I should find someone to date, but then we wouldn't have had space in the car. I was like "D, find someone for me by midnight. Someone white" but he only pointed out old white guys to me. D is awesome. He will ask strangers to take group pictures for us, which everyone is generally not inclined to do. He also bought Connie and me hot drinks while Will and Frances stood in line for kettle corn. I freaking love what happened next.

We went back to stir our drinks and Connie had gotten one of those wooden stirrers and threw it away. She walks away, right when a 25-year old looking woman comes up and gets a wooden stirrer too. D says loudly to Connie "WOW Thanks for wasting wood!" and the stranger lady looks at him with a mix of surprise, confusion, and WTH. D very smoothly says "oh no not you, happy New Year!" and I'm to his left side laughing hysterically. It was awesome. I wish someone had recorded it.

Also, when we drove into the parking lot, the lady who took our money looked like a Disney character to me. This is not to be mean, but to simply comment on her hairstyle and height, but she looked like one of the Disney villains. So after we drove past I was like "GUYS! Didn't she look like one of the Disney witches?!" Everyone goes "uh... no... which one?" "One of the lesser known ones! I think she was in Sleeping Beauty. But not that tall black one. Does she take another form during the movie? Hmm ... maybe not sleeping beauty. I don't know! I'll find a picture of her at the store and point her out" "They only have princesses there, they don't have villains!"

And once we start going into stores I'm all "OK let's keep an eye out." There were some wall paintings of Alice in Wonderland so I was like "maybe she was in Alice in Wonderland... or maybe Robin Hood? She has blonde hair." (WAIT WTF, isn't it blonde not blond? There is a red squiggly under blonde)

Frances goes off and comes back and says "I think I found her. Are you sure she has blonde hair, meltang?" "YES! I'm certain of it! It's blonde!" "The person I found has purple hair" "Then it's not her!" "Let's go look anyway" ... "OMG IT'S HER!!!"
Somehow, the fact that the witch I was thinking of did NOT have blonde hair and was not in ANY of the movies I guessed was fairly unsurprising.

New Years is unexpectedly fun. HAHA. I don't like Thanksgiving or Christmas Day but I think 12/31 turns out ok most of the time.

More quotes just because I'd like to remember them:

*while at Frances' house*
Frances' mom: Be safe tonight!
Me: Well, we're going to Disneyland so I thought that it would be pretty safe
*Mom walks away*
Me: I was about to tell her how my cousin went to Vegas once for New Years and they were pulling over gangbangers and taking handguns from them, to show her that Disneyland is much safer in comparison, but I realized that I probably shouldn't
Frances: There would have been a long awkward pause, and then a speech

*while driving Connie and Frances to my house*
Me: Fine. I'll drive you guys. But no one can speak to me.

Connie: Are you nervous? Why are you clutching the steering wheel so hard?
Me: THIS IS HOW I DRIVE.

*Driving past a police women controlling traffic who is actually quite young*
Me: Wow, I want to learn how to put my hair up like hers. It's pretty
Di (rolling down window): HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Me: DON'T FLIRT WITH HER.

Di: How old is your brother?
Me: He's four years older than me so 20. (realizing that this means it's illegal for him to drink) Wait a minute ... 22? 23? 24?
Di: How old are you?!
Me: 19. I think he's 22.
(After typing this out, I realized that he's actually three years older than me, but I never caught my mistake)

*In Sephora*
Will (holding some bath product): WHOA what is this? It looks delicious

Me: My brother said there's a 50/50 chance that they won't have fireworks because there's a lot of wind but I was like "of COURSE they'll have fireworks! Otherwise people would get angry"
*Upon reaching Downtown Disney, where there are signs with Fireworks Canceled signs*
Group: aww...

No comments: