Friday, January 18, 2008

30 Rock Tells the FUTURE

So I was rewatching an episode of 30 Rock out of boredom and I noticed something that I found 50% hilarious and 50% freakishly true.

Scene: Jack, (Alec Baldwin) is ultra-Republican and he finds out that he just slept with an ultra-Democrat (Edie Falco) when he watches the morning news

I just happened to look up at the scene and noticed the rolling headlines. They're obviously fake so I was like "hmm I wonder what they decided to write." There was stuff like "mysterious visitor from future wins lottery again" and "Anne Heche leaves husband for pony" but I caught one that says:

"News crawl affected by writers strike ... using repeat text from previous season"

HAHA nice

I have managed to stay relatively calm about the writer's strike because there are miraculously still new episodes of Friday Night Lights playing, and 4 more episodes of Cashmere Mafia. And when THAT runs out, its carbon copy Lipstick Jungle will begin playing on NBC. And when THAT runs out and I really, really cannot stand the lack of tv, I'm going to tune into American Idol and Survivor. Actually, NO. I am going to read books for fun. Gain some knowledge of the world.

The trailer for 27 Dresses looks stupid. I didn't laugh once in the trailer. BUT THEN the NEW trailer with quotes from reviews came out and it's stuff like "best thing in years!" and "hilarious!" and now I can feel myself getting tricked. NO! I also don't want to watch Cloverfield but ... I think a lot of other people do.

OH MY GOD! I missed the first 15 minutes of Friday Night Lights (seriously what is up with my sense of time on Fridays at 9:00pm?) and it's ALREADY UP! It's 10:55!!! OMGGGGG HULU IS SO FUCKING AWESOME



Edit: I actually wrote this at like 11:00pm last night but then I went out to watch a movie and my freaking mom TURNED OFF the computer. We watched 27 Dresses and I thought it was pretty good. Then again, if you remember from before, I thought the trailer was extremely shitty, so I had low expectations. But, if you hated Izzy from Grey's and thought you wouldn't be able to stand her in a movie, WRONG! Katherine Heigl is an awesome actress and she makes you love her.

2 comments:

FL said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
FL said...

HAHA I saw the episode where they talk about how the ONE UNFORGIVABLE thing in the business is dogfighting. that was pretty funny.