Friday, January 18, 2008

Chocolatey Delight

I'm eating out of a bag of cereal right now because there's not really anything to eat for lunch in my house. I went to Costco with my dad but I didn't want a chicken bake. I think he got pissy so I have to "handle lunch on my own." Well, I'm too lazy to cook and I can't work Chinese magic like my mom and whip up some magnificent shit using the ingredients in the refrigerator, so I'm eating a bag of cereal. It was a 3 pack from Costco which included regular Special K (disgusting), Vanilla Almond (decent) and Chocolatey Delight. I finished the Vanilla Almond a long time ago.

The Chocolatey Delight is like ... regular special K coated with an extra layer of sugar, with little bits of chocolate thrown in. I don't get who this caters to. Isn't special K the "diet cereal?" Is it really that crucial for some dieting lady to get her chocolate one way or another? Does there really have to be candy thrown into an already sugary meal?

It doesn't taste very good with milk. Chocolate is not going to get soggy in milk and it kind of eludes the spoon, so I end up with a bunch of little chocolate to eat at the end. It IS however, oddly delicious when you eat it dry. Take a handful of cereal with one bit of chocolate, and it's suddenly the perfect amount.

With that said, my throat kind of hurts from all the sugar I just consumed and I'm oddly full yet still dissatisfied with my meal. IF I WERE IN BERKELEY, THIS WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN A PROBLEM. I would just have eaten a yogurt parfait, damnit.

Next year I think I'll just go back to Berkeley after the third week of vacation

1 comment:

FL said...

I miss you. :(

Thank you for sending me music.