Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Statistics no more

I've decided not to double in statistics. This makes my schedule about 10x better even though I am not taking very many units now. But wow, I feel like my stress level has gone down by about 5 levels and the past few days, I've been kind of sitting around doing nothing. Uh oh. I realized I actually have some reading to do but I haven't done anything today except socialize with people and my brain can't really quiet down and sit down to do work. Anyway, yay! No more statistics. I talked to my friend today who gave me a lot of good business insight and made me realize that statistics is really not that important in the business world, especially for an auditor. So yay. I'm glad. I don't think I'll regret this in two years, which is what I really worry about. I just like to live life without regretting anything, and I think I can say that I don't have any real regrets. Only the constant "I shouldn't have eaten that" but nothing significant. I feel like I just escaped something that could have been potentially harmful to the rest of my college years.

On another note, I just ate half a bag of peanut M&Ms and I'm starting to break out already. I hate you! Cleverly packaged bag of candy that looks so delicious.

I'm EXTREMELY excited for March 14th when I go down to LA for my club. Basically, my club is paying for the flights, the shuttle that will be taking us from school to the airport (SHUTTLE! NO LAME BART RIDE), the really nice hotel we'll be staying at, AND $64 of meals PER DAY. Not only that, but for two days the hotel will be providing us food so it's like $64 PER MEAL. I'm insanely excited. It feels like I'm going to a business trip, which it kind of is. A business trip SLASH sleepover because we're sharing rooms. And I'm using the company credit card... HEHEHE. Awesomeness. My friend said we can go to Sushi House when we get back Sunday night and pool in all our money together and basically buy about $192 worth of sushi. OMG. I cannot wait. How many times in your life can you eat whatever the hell you want with absolutely no care about whose money you're spending? Not very often, I say.

I realized that RCSA is freaking awesome if you're really involved with it. There are many reasons, but the time I began to realize it was over winter break when Owen and Eric mentioned something about how they wish they could go to an event where people served them food on platters. And I realized about 10 seconds later, after the conversation had already moved onto something else, that I have been to several events for my club where people run around and serve you. Actual caterers who give you little finger foods and drinks! You can also experience this when you go to company info sessions - I remember KPMG had pretty good food. Unless you're super rich and go to nice events, this doesn't happen very often, if ever, in life.

Ok. I'm really happy now. Partly because of my super relaxing schedule. Partly because I talked to people today. But ... as always I must complain.

MUST GET SUPER THIN BY MARCH 14th!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...


This is a topic which is near to my heart... Take care! Exactly where are your contact details though?