Monday, January 14, 2008

Day with the mother

*as I'm leaving the Super A parking lot, which is about 6 streets away from my house*
Me: Wait, are the regular lights on or the high beams?
Mom: I don't know... those are the regular lights
Me: No, there are no lights ... I think that's just the dashboard lights
Mom: No see those are the regular lights
Me: Can you go out and see if my lights are on then?
Mom: Yes they are
*exits parking lot*
Me: I can't believe I had my high beams on the whole time! How embarrassing
Mom: Oh don't worry about it
Me: But people will get angry at me
Mom: It's ok
*driving past 2nd ave, I start to weave because I can't see the lanes*
Mom: AH!
Me: I can't see the lanes! It's not my fault!
Mom: Drive slower!
*stopping at 1st ave, I make a very fast stop*
Me: I couldn't see where the line was! It's not my fault!
Mom: You drive so quickly. At least we made it home safely
Me: We're not home yet
*pulling into driveway*
Mom: Wait, how come the lights aren't on? OH MY GOD we've been driving without lights this entire time! No wonder you couldn't see the lanes
Me: THIS IS YOUR FAULT. I ASKED YOU TO CHECK IF THE LIGHTS WERE ON

No comments: