Sunday, January 13, 2008

My mom is surprisingly observant

My mom was watching 60 minutes and they interviewed Mark Zuckerberg. He's actually pretty hot. In a cute, awkward looking $3billion dollar guy kind of way. Anyway, afterwards, she wanted to look up someone on facebook, but then she got distracted by my own profile and insisted that she look at my pictures


Me: NO. You cannot look at them
Mom: WHY. ARE THERE NAKED PICTURES?
Me: WHAT?! NO! WHY would there be naked pictures?!
Mom: Then show me them

Quite the crafty lady.


Mom: Let me try to guess their names. Ok. This one is Melissa.
*I burst out laughing*
Mom: Why are you laughing so hard? I got it right. This one is ... I can't remember her name. She goes to Cornell...
Me: No she doesn't but you're close.
Mom: Ok, she goes to ... something West. Eastnorth- erm westnorth ... Northwestern.
Me: Yes
Mom: She lives on 3rd avenue ... I'll try someone else. That one is Connie
Me: No it's not
Mom: Oh, that's Jackie Tong (she pronounces it Dong for some reason). That is Frances Chen. That is Danny.
*she proceeds to get them all right, going Danny > Frances L > Eric > Connie L > Henry > Alvin > Connie Y > Owen*
Me: Who's that?
Mom: That's the boy you danced with. Um ...
Me: He goes out with Frances Chen
Mom: I know that. But I do not know his name... Give me a hint. What is the first letter?
Me: That's too easy. What about her?
Mom: I can't remember. You saw her when we went to New York ... give me a hint
Me: Fine. R
Mom: REGINA!
Me: And that one has four letters
Mom: Eric! No...
Me: It starts with a W
Mom: Will!

So I'm actually extremely surprised that she remembers everyone, and although she didn't remember Regina or Will's name, she knew a lot about them, actually. Although, 10 seconds later I showed her a new picture and she got confused.


Mom: Who's that? That must be Frances' boyfriend. But that's not Will! WHO IS THAT BOY?!
Me: That's Will
*mom whips off her glasses and puts her face about 1 inch from the screen*
Mom: Oh yes ... it is.

Don't worry Frances C. I told her that you did not tell your parents so she cannot mention it if she ever sees them. HAHA She said she liked Henry the most, and I assumed she would say it was because he seemed very helpful and knew how to cook, but I asked why and she said it's because he speaks Chinese to her. I guess my white friend Caroline has no hope of winning her affections.

Did you know you can upload photos onto Costco.com and then order them online, and within an hour you can pick them up at a warehouse (or have them mailed). HOW AWESOME IS THAT?! OMG I am going to start printing pictures. I'm feeling a bit nostalgic


This is actually kind of weird because we don't look all that different, but I've seen a lot of pictures where I'm like "WHOAAA he/she used to look like THAT?!"

1 comment:

coonie said...

WOW connie y looks so different.


HAHA your mom is so funny