Friday, October 12, 2007

Why Does My Body Hate Me

Ugh I feel like crap right now. There are so many things wrong with my body that I don't even know which is worse. For once, this isn't an "I'm so fat" entry.

- I'm sick. I have a runny nose, sneezing, a mild headache, my mind is pretty numbed out, and I'm pretty sure I have a fever. I was pretty sure that I was going to throw up in class yesterday, and I just kept eyeing the trashcan, thinking "if I HAD to, it would take me x seconds to get there ... and I have to go through these tables ..." I JUST got over a sickness too. Boo. This time I'm actually taking medicine though. I really hate taking medicine, ever since my dad made some remark that was like "the more medicine you take now, the more you'll have to take when you're older." It makes sense, but then I think about how sometimes my dad has crazy misinformation. It's probably not the smartest idea to sit in my room with wet hair and my windows open on a rainy day, but I felt so hot after my shower.

- My wisdom tooth is growing out. I'm pretty sure it is - I woke up with a pain in my lower right jaw a few days ago, and when I run my tongue over it, I feel something growing. I kind of think it started to grow out because I started eating only salads and fruit, nothing that really requires chewing. There's been lots of times when I went on diets where I didn't eat very much, and my teeth would start hurting because they weren't being grinded down. I called the dentist today and made an appointment. This is the first time I've ever made an appointment for myself - my mom usually does it for me. It's really weird. When he asked if Saturday at 10 would be fine, a part of me was like "Why are you asking me?! Ask my mom!"

The terrible thing is that I'd look forward to getting my wisdom teeth pulled out. It's like ... the best way to diet. You can't even eat anything but smoothies. People think I'm insane and anorexic, but I'm sure there have been plenty of people who get their teeth pulled out, lose weight, and think "oh awesome!"

- My eyes are really dry. I think this might be because I'm sick but argh I hate my eyes. I'm just waiting for the day when I can replace my eyeballs. If only technology could move a little faster. This sounds like a really lame body ailment, but it really sucks to wake up and have to very carefully open my eyelids because they're so dry.

- I'm late. No I'm not pregnant. HAH. I want to get my period before I go back home, because sitting in a car for 5 hours with a pad on would be shit. I'm certain that I'm late because I haven't been eating a lot of vegetables lately. I really need to buy a bag of spinach. I hate when my period is late. It makes my diets seem less healthy. Which they probably aren't.

- My body is incredibly sore. I can't tell if this is because I recently ran on the treadmill for the first time in ages, if it's because I'm not eating enough, or if I'm just sick. I bet it's a combination of all 3. I'm starting to drink Odwalla Super Protein Green Tea. I thought it was nasty the first time, but now I'm generally so hungry I think it's delicious. And my muscles really do feel better after. Be sure to shake it REALLY well though. As in, at least a minute because the nastiest thing is when you can taste the protein powder at the bottom.

Now I'm going shopping. And I have a social but I don't think I'm going to go to that. And Alvin's having his bday party but I'm definitely going to puke if I drink alcohol so I don't know if I should go. I hope I get better soon, but at the same time, I kind of love getting sick because you lose your appetite and you don't eat as much. I think most of my problems would be solved if I just ate more, but the crazy part of my brain is saying "you don't want to worry about losing weight on top of everything else." Oh brain, how I hate you.

No comments: