Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Delicious Cereal

I think there's only three things that I ever eat in the day without feeling terrible, no matter how much I eat.

1. Fruit - bananas, grapes, strawberries, which are ridiculously overpriced at our fruit stand but it's also the only way I can use up mealpoints (besides Odwalla purchases). I also love fuji apples, pink lady apples (which I bought because Frances raved about them somewhere), grapefruit, mangos, watermelon, and oranges. Although I never buy the last four because I don't know how to cut them or I don't know how to choose them. I'm still a big pampered baby.

2. Odwalla - Yum. I love having a giant bottle of Superfood in my fridge. It makes my life feel much more luxurious. It's not something that I can have normally, because I would not spend actual money on this. When I have a career (not merely a job) I would stock my fridge with Odwalla. Otherwise, it's too expensive. Superfood is delicious although it looks like sludge. Toxic sludge. Drink the Super Protein Green Tea after you gym - that way you're so hungry that the weird taste doesn't really matter, and it helps your muscles rebuild. This is one of those brands where I feel like they could never go wrong (other brands that also fit this category include Dreyers, Clif Bars, H&M clothing, and shows on Sho)

3. Cereal - Best breakfast food! It feels healthy, as long as you're not buying Frosted Flakes or Cinnamon Toast Crunch or anything like that. You get a serving of milk, and it usually doesn't fill you up too much. I used to pour cereal first, then milk. But in the summer I got paranoid that I was eating more cereal than I intended, so now I'm used to pouring milk and then cereal. My favorite is Honey Bunches of Oats, but I just bought a box of Honey Nut Cheerios and they are DELICIOUS. I remember not liking them as a kid. I used to eat Cinnamon Toast Crunch as a kid, but I think my stomach would turn now if I saw how much sugar was leftover in my milk. I'm kind of hoping that I start eating tons of bland foods and I begin to think that regular Cheerios are delicious. Kind of like that time last year when I thought spinach leaves with no dressing were really tasty.

For all other foods, I feel pretty guilty eating them. It's very depressing. I'd add salads to the list, but I don't eat them often enough. I think I might end up like one of those old people who don't eat anything except a very set list of foods, and get ornery when someone tries to change their schedule. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO ME. TRYING TO KILL ME? I CAN'T EAT THAT! MY CHOLESTEROL WILL GO UP! GET OUT OF HERE"

I have not yet gymmed and I could be going now. Actually, I could have gone an hour ago. I'm super lazy right now. I think I need to be shocked back onto the elliptical. As in, I take one look at myself and feel like I'm so fat that I start living in the gym.

No comments: