Sunday, October 14, 2007

When I really should be doing ...

1. Reading economics
2. Reading demography, doing the hw
3. Writing my poem analysis
4. Filling out a job application
5. Sleeping so I get better

Instead I'm going to write a blog entry. Because these are obviously so productive and crucial for my well being. I don't have anything particular I want to write about. I just had a bunch of random thoughts that I thought would be bloggable, but of course, I now remember none of them.

I was reading the writer's blog for Grey's Anatomy. It's weird how all the writers seem to have similar styles of writing. Lots of rhetorical questions. And one word sentences. It's fairly annoying if you read more than one entry at a time, but otherwise, they're tolerable and interesting to read. Before, I would read them and gain some more appreciation for the episode, because then I knew a little backstory. But now, when I read these, I actually get slightly more annoyed. When they look back on the episode, they think it's so deep with hidden meanings, but honestly EVERY episode has such a clear theme that you're constantly being hit over the head with. The last episode was titled "Love/Addiction" which ... really? That was the best title they could come up with? From now on, they should just do that with all their titles. "Love/Today's theme" "Love/Loss" "Love/Mistakes" "Love/Maturing" and then repeat times 7 and you have a season.

I know I was supposed to quit this season but I think it has been getting slightly better. I read that this season is supposed to be lighter and happier, thank goodness. Usually, their storylines of sadness and death are completely ridiculous. Light and happy is usually more believable and obviously much more fun to watch. I think almost every storyline is getting better except the George/Izzy relationship. I don't understand how they could ignore SO many viewers and their reactions of "WTFFFFF NO." Not only does this relationship spring up from nowhere, but I CAN'T watch these two kiss. So far, they've been kind enough to prevent kissage between the two actors, but I think next week, I won't be so lucky.

Wow. I'm trying to remember Izzy Steven's real name but I can only think of Katharine McPhee. KATHERINE HEIGL. And ... there's no way I will remember George's. Starts with a T ... Theodore? TR KNIGHT. I had to look that up. Anyway, these two are really good actors. But no amount of acting can make me forget that these two are BEST FRIENDS and are kissing each other. ICK. I can't watch it.


I'm still kind of in disbelief that this is happening. I'm still waiting for the episode where they try to erase this storyline and backtrack and have Izzy say she was just mourning over Denny in a really drawn out but realistic way. Really, that's all that it will take. I think I'd be willing to accept any incredibly stupid explanation, as long as they ax this relationship and start building new ones. But ... I'm starting to think this won't ever happen. Which ARGH.

This turned out to be one gigantic entry on Grey's Anatomy. Other thoughts...

- I'm going home Thursday. 4 days to get thin! I can't believe I ate a donut today. Boo me. I haven't been exercising because I'm sick and my body is tired. But, I can see my stomach got fatter today. Damn you.
- I also need to do laundry but the elevator is broken so I'd have to lug my basket up a flight of stairs. I only have one more underwear left, which NOOOO! I'm seriously considering just buying more underwear. I've always considered that an extremely lazy and sad way of avoiding laundry though.
- I'm reading this book and for some reason I looked it up on amazon.com and it TOTALLY spoiled it for me. Under the tags, it had one called "suicide" and I was like WOW. THANKS. I wonder what will happen in the book. I wouldn't say they shouldn't put tags though, because I find them useful. I'm just sad that I know what will happen.

Good night. When I could have probably finished a chapter of econ, I blogged and now I'm too tired and want to sleep. Great decision making.

No comments: