Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Pet Peeve #1

I finally went to the gym (yay!) but I feel still feel fat (b00). I did the elliptical because none of the treadmills were open. About 5 minutes in, this fairly large guy in a blue shirt got on the elliptical next to me. And he started pedaling backwards. Really quickly. FIRST of all, the elliptical goes FORWARD. Ok, I understand that you can go backwards for a little bit to stretch out other muscles or to give your muscles a break. I do it as a cool down for about 30 seconds. But you don't do it for your ENTIRE workout. You just look ridiculous. SECOND, if you are going THAT quickly on the elliptical, it's because you need to raise your resistance. It doesn't do anything when you are basically just waving your legs around. Separately, both of these somewhat annoy me. But put together, it just looks so stupid that I HAVE to blog about it right after I return from the gym. After about 10 minutes, he stopped and went to the restroom. And when he came out, he got on another elliptical and proceeded to do the exact same thing AGAIN. Jesus.

It's probably bitches like me that make people feel intimidated to go to the gym for the first time. I don't know how to do anything either, but at least I can look around and see that, yes, everyone's feet go THIS way on the elliptical.

No comments: