Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Actually, I have great taste in fashion

When I should be doing something more productive, I usually find myself ... watching the hills. Now, I was kind of pissed on Monday when I thought they were going to show a new episode, and instead I saw some "cram session" clip show of the past season. OMG if there is any show that does NOT need a clip show, it's The Hills. The entire show is a freaking clip show already. But, I then saw the trailer for next week's episode and seriously ... MTV has the best promo staff ever.

It took me some time to find it on youtube. The video on mtv isn't embeddable, which ... LAME. Why wouldn't you want to let people embed a clip of a trailer? You WANT people to spread it around blogs. Anyway, in my search, I was distracted by some fan-made video of Lauren and Jason. And ... SHE IS WEARING THE SUNGLASSES I WANTED! (see post 2 entries down)

I'm guessing they're the ones I want because they have the same giant hole on the legs. Is my taste getting better? Actually, this is probably just one of 50 pairs of designer sunglasses she owns. I read she makes $25,000 an episode. At first I was like eh, they don't make that many episodes in a season anyway. But then you consider that they make 12 episodes a season, that's $300,000! For doing NOTHING. Plus, you get swag from designers who want you to wear them around town and show how awesome they look. I wish I were a celebrity. In fact, I remember when we played Questions at Danny's house, one of them was "If you could be anything, what would you be" and I said "a celebrity" which is a pretty juvenile answer, but that's me.

Now, onto THE BEST TRAILER EVER. Actually it might not be. My memory doesn't retain trailers AT ALL. Usually after 3 days, I have completely forgotten what happened in the trailer of a tv show so when something dramatic happens the following week, I'm always like "WHOA WHAT" whereas other people are like "... could have guessed that."



This is pretty shit quality in the beginning but the more important parts are better at the end. Also, I love the music in this. It's perfectly cut with the clips. At first I thought that MTV produced this song themselves, and I would have no hope of finding it. And then I thought about it and was like, since when does MTV mix their own songs? Their shows are basically excuses to cram about 20 songs into 20 minutes of film time. And indeed, the song is actually Jag Star - Disguise, which is like a female Blink 182.

The part that makes me think "this is a fucking awesome trailer" is after Lisa Love says "We're going to send you to New York again." The overhead shot is crazy. It gave me chills. It gives me chills every time I see it. I like to wonder how they shot that. The MTV cameraman saying "WAIT THERE DON'T MOVE" and running with his crew up a giant flight of stairs just to get this one second shot. Which they probably redid about 5 times.

Am I abusing this embed html code? Do people even watch these things when I post them? I do when other people do it. Seriously, watch it! No matter what your preconceptions of The Hills are.

No comments: