Sunday, May 31, 2009

Goodbye Summer

Well, summer 09 was short. On my last day of summer, I woke up in Soo Jin's apartment, left to exercise, then met up with her again to help her move. The first task of the day was moving her bed. It turns out that moving her bed entailed disassembling it. It was the most useful I have ever felt in one of these "let's help people!" situations. Usually I stand to the side and either take pictures or make comments. Most people would probably agree that it benefits all parties that way.

U-haul driving with Soo Jin was fun. I'm always very amazed when one of my college friends drives for the first time. It's just weird to think that I will never know what they were like pre-drivers license. We went back to her apt to move everything into the U-haul. Things were so hectic that we never had a chance to cry about leaving her last college apartment. Goodbye, apartment that I essentially lived in for two weeks of the year!

Then, we drove off to SF. It was the first time I have ever helped a friend move into a non-college apartment. I don't even recall helping a friend move into a college apt, actually. But SADNESS. It's like I'm helping someone be farther away from me! Her apt was very cozy feeling - many naps will be had in there, I'm sure. Actually, she and Janie are leading the busy business life so I don't think there will be any time for naps!

After some very tiring moving, we walked to Japantown and Soo Jin treated us to delicious ramen. Yum yum. I need to make more dishes using my (possibly expired) miso paste. I think if I could make miso ramen for dinner, I would be very happy.

I was terrified that my summer would be very lonely. It turns out that I hung out with people every day, except for the day I flew home to Arcadia, because my flight was before Soo Jin's wake up time. Kristen pointed out that I think I'm going to be lonely, but I'm going to see her tomorrow, her and Christina on Tuesday, and possibly Leneve on Wednesday. THANKS FRIENDS. PLEASE KEEP MAKING PLANS WITH ME!

Li-Ting said that she is planning to make random socal trips with Soo Jin in the fall so we can meet up with Andria. I REALLY HOPE SO! But I will be sad if Deloitte keeps Soo Jin busy.

Aw man, I wanted to sleep at 11 but I'll be sleeping at midnight I guess. Work tomorrow - I hope I don't forget and end up going to the gym, and then 20 minutes into the elliptical, I'll think "HOLY FUCK I'M SUPPOSED TO BE AT WORK!"

I want to post a picture of me and Soo Jin. One comes to mind, but I was told never to post it, so here's my paint-drawn version of it. Believe me when I say, it IS that bad.


Goodbye friends no longer in Berkeley ... my goodbye has extended for many days ...

4 comments:

tinggg said...

puahahahaha love the drawing :P

Laura said...

is the cal one of sooj with a double chin? hahahahah. and no worries, you'll never be lonely. there's li-ting's bday soon! dude, i just realized me and li-ting are the same age.

andiseo said...

YES COME VISIT MEEEE!!! i'll visit too, don't worry :)

i love the drawing as well hahahaha

Anonymous said...

Thanks :)
--
http://www.miriadafilms.ru/ купить фильмы
для сайта meltang.blogspot.com