Tuesday, June 2, 2009

I did it! One (fairly good) day

I have some very lofty goals for this summer. All the same goals I always have: lose weight, make friends, eat less. Kristen looked at my post-it note of summer goals and was like "You need TANGIBLE GOALS! BE SPECIFIC!" So here are some more specific goals

Lose weight: keep my same jean size but be thin enough to require a belt so my pants aren't falling down my butt.

Make friends: some at my internship, some in my Haas class. I don't think I can really quantify this. I just don't want to be lonely!

Eat less: Once I finish my box of variety oatmeal (aka packets of sugar and oats), I'm going to buy a canister of PLAIN oatmeal and eat that. I hope strawberry season lasts the duration of my oatmeal craze. Lunch currently consists of a giant apple. Some people may think, "an apple! That doesn't sound very filling!" But I have given my giant apples to Andria, Laura and Soo Jin, and they all looked at the apple as if it were Mt. Everest.
Dinner has been Soo Jin's leftover Intermezzo salad, which I slowly pick at. I doubt there is much nutrition left in these browning leaves, but the garbanzo beans are so tasty relative to the box of tastelessness

So today I woke up at 6:34, a few minutes before my alarm was scheduled to go off at 6:45. I debated ignoring my alarm and just sleeping in, but I realized this would be pointless because I already couldn't fall back asleep. So I got up then got ready to go to the gym. I ran on the treadmill (yay!). I always feel relieved when I see people at the gym during the summer. It reminds me that there ARE people in Berkeley.

Got home, I felt like I didn't have time to do the rowing machine or weights, and I was probably right. Showered then checked my daily websites real quick. Now, my entire morning routine is coupled with panicked checking of nextbus.com and bart.gov to make sure that I'm not going to miss my public transportation.

So I figured out I can catch the 8:47 bart and make it to my work around 9:15, which is still earlier than my supervisor comes in. Worked ... then ate lunch with Kristen, Christina, Kate and Lauren. I'M LIVING THE SATC DREAM! Working but managing to have time to eat with friends. They were in SF for Museum Day. Apparently tons of museums had free admissions today. I have no idea how Kristen and Christina are constantly finding out about events in the Bay Area but I'm grateful for it. We ate at Mel's Diner - this was my one regret: ordering anything. 1) I was not very hungry 2) I'm supposed to save money 3) The potatoes tasted like they were made of cardboard. And kind of looked like it too. Oh well.

So... went back to work. Then took the F bus back home, then sat around in my apartment slowly transferring music from one laptop to the other. I still have 5000 songs (+ my unsorted music) left on the old computer X_______X I think I've transferred 500 songs over four hours. I have all summer to complete this project.

Then went to the RSF to swim. Which is when I realized I should probably eat more because I was exhausted by my 30th lap. I forced myself to keep going though and ended up swimming 80 which was pretty good. Came back home, now I'm transferring MORE music.

Now it's 10:37, already seven minutes past my scheduled bed time. It's so hard to sleep early. It's easy for me to fall asleep because I'm exhausted (especially now that I've gone swimming), but psychologically my brain is like "10:30?! That's prime homework time!"

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You're still eating that salad?! MY GAWD, WOMAN, it must be like coleslaw by now!