Thursday, May 7, 2009

I'm currently in the Haas Undergraduate Computer room right now. It is ... kind of ridiculous how many resources Haas gives us. Yesterday I picked up free scantrons and free candy. We've had two free BBQs, and I am particularly excited for tomorrow's end of the year celebration. I am in a room with about 42 desktops that are crazy nice. And I doubt that there are ever more than five people at a given time. We get free printing, b&w AND color. I would like to print out all of my favorite pictures from sophomore year. Of high school. Seems like good compensation for my work at Haas.

I was locked out of my closet yesterday. MY CLOSET! Laura came over today because she thought she could unlock it. Turns out it was a different knob than she expected, although she made a valiant effort.

"See that? That's the tumbler. I can get past that but not the other one"
"HOW DO YOU KNOW ALL OF THIS?!"
*silence*
"I watch a lot of Discovery Channel"

Laura made the sad observation that my closet door lock is better quality than my front door one. My landlord came over today and got the door off the hinges. AMAZING! I love my landlord. He is super nice, responsive, very honest, and has a lot of handy skills. I have an unrealistic expectation of landlords now. Seriously, he is the best!

I was amazed at how he just leveraged the hinges off the door. I didn't even know that there was a screw holding the hinges together, because I have no idea how hinges work. I wish I had all the knowledge that male characters like Luke of Gilmore Girls always have. Those plainer looking guys who make it up in their usefulness. I want that! I foresee loneliness in my future, and I would like to be able to spend all my money on food and not on people who do simple things that no one knows how to do anymore. I would have paid $80 if my landlord had not come! I wish I knew how to fix things and how to keep things in good condition. I think it's time that I bought a hammer and a screwdriver. Can't rely on having a guy in the house!

I'm supposed to eat dinner with a friend but I'm all in the way in Haas. Oops.

Yesterday night I went over to Laura and Soo Jin's to study because I knew they would be awake for a long time. I can't quite tell if it helped - but I certainly had a lot of fun. HEHE

I just ate dinner at Thai Noodle. A minute after I went onto AIM, Laura asked if I wanted to go to Little Star. I said OK! It's 6:17 right now. I was also supposed to go to Triple Rock Brewery today with Kristen at 10. LET'S SEE HOW THIS NIGHT IS GOING TO TURN OUT!

No comments: