Monday, May 18, 2009

It's almost over



This is amazing!

I didn't really want to post an entry because I like going to my blog and looking at beautiful people. (And now that I've added that video, I'm always a little surprised that Lady Gaga is the first thing I see). But my blogging can't be stopped.

I looked at the clock and thought "wow it's only 10pm! Pretty early!" Then I realized it was actually 2am.

My sleep schedule is REALLY messed up. I recently read an article about sleep myths and I don't know what part of this was the myth, but I learned that people who are deprived of sleep over several days will think they're fine, when they're really functioning at the same level as someone who hasn't had sleep for 24 hours. Lately I will sleep at like 3-4am, and this has been for at least a week. I keep wanting to sleep later and later but somehow I end up waking up even earlier than before! Like today, I thought I had overslept and then I looked at the clock and it was 6:30.

I don't even take lengthy naps during the day. I actually try to induce naps by reading on my bed. I'll end up napping for a short time but it's a very alert and stressful nap. When I wake up, I feel like I wasn't sleeping at all because my mind was constantly racing around and stressing about how I'm wasting time by resting. The exception is Laura/Soo Jin's room, where their brown unvaccumed carpet floor just screams "sleep on me!"

I can't believe I'm going to be a college senior in two days, I'll be at home in a week and I'm going to start my internship in two weeks. All I can think about right now are finals. I look forward to the few days in Berkeley before I go home. I bought lots of food from Trader Joe's that I want to make at Laura/Soo Jin's and we can have SLEEPOVER FOOD FIESTAS! I like how they like to eat. I desperately need to go to Berkeley Bowl and buy pounds of fruit - I haven't had any for a week and my body is accustomed to two fruit meals. I'm also trying to think of day trips but all I really want to do is outlet shopping. I will have to check the weather because I will be much less motivated to go out if it's going to be as hot as it was on Saturday. Then, I'm going to be at home where I'm not sure what I am going to do. Right now, I'm in the mindset that it would be nice to just sit at home, not do anything, and have my parents cook for me. But experience tells me that this feels good for about a day before I get really bored and lonely.

Note to self: STOP EATING! I'm looking through my twitter posts and I realized that I had intended to lose weight before Napa. There is no hope.

-------------

I wrote that last night and now I'm going to add more to this post and then publish it. I am SOOO SCREWED for my finance final! I was supposed to have read all the new chapters by now, but there was no way I could have while studying for accounting. I seriously know NOTHING on this final because I have never gone to class! Half the time I'm like "no, I'll be fine - who gets C's in business?!" and the other times I'm like "OH MY GOD I AM GOING TO BE THAT 5%"

But while I am really panicked about it, I really DO NOT want to study. I am getting burned out, and this is the class I don't care about at all! Ugh. I tried to study earlier so I read two pages, and I panicked because I was like "OH GOD this is too much information! I can't handle this!" and then I fell asleep. Then I woke up, checked my study schedule, and apparently I had already read that chapter last week. EVERYTHING FELT LIKE NEW INFORMATION! I hate that!

I took my accounting final today - I thought I was going to fail that one but after taking the second practice exam I gained more confidence. I think I did ok - I hope I get a B+ in the class. When I went into the testing room, I sat towards the back. Behind me were four rows where ALL of the fobby students had decided to sit together (CHEATING? But they are so smart I don't see why they need to cheat). I HAVE NEVER heard SO much Cantonese in my life - and I have been to Hong Kong and numerous dim sum restaurants. It was a little overwhelming.

I had a terrifying moment where my iPod shuffle almost died. It accidentally fell to the ground, which happens a lot, but THIS time it wouldn't turn on! After some frantic fiddling, I realized that it would play on ABC mode, but not on shuffle mode. Well, an ipod shuffle that does not shuffle is of no use to me. So I angrily banged it against my table and then I checked it again and it worked. Violence is sometimes the answer.

Laura invited me to watch Star Trek and I should definitely be studying but 1) nothing is going to help me at this point 2) I don't want to study and 3) everyone is raving about Star Trek so I guess I will watch it.

2 comments:

FL said...

Will you be home this weekend? Because there will be playing involved.

Anonymous said...

star trek was pretty good. lol