Friday, May 1, 2009

Fogginess

Hm. Well I just guaranteed myself a backup internship for the summer which is ... somewhat of a relief? It has nothing to do with accounting and it isn't paid but I guess it's another thing for my resume. Another plus is that it is a BLOCK away from my mom's office! How hilarious that I actually think this is a huge positive, rather than thinking "oh god my mom is going to want to hang out with me."

I'm not sure yet though - I'm still waiting to see if I get a callback for something else that I REALLY REALLY want. But I've never really thought that I could get it. I was reading my negotiations book yesterday though, and it reminded me that you have to set your expectations high to get better results! So I am going to spend this weekend deluding myself into thinking that I'm the shit.

If I got that second thing that I really want, I'd drop everything just to do it. But for this internship that I just got ... I'm not so sure. I'm currently signed up for summer classes that start July 6th. AGH There's so much uncertainty in everything and I feel like I'm hedging my bets and I'm TERRIBLE at gambling. The question is, should I remain in the summer classes or just do the internship this entire summer?

I wrote out all my options and my reasoning but I know that people are not going to read through it so I'll spare you all the guilt of skimming through my entry. Sigh. I kind of thought I would just ask my mom what to do, but I just called her and when I tried explaning my situtation, I realized she wouldn't have an idea what to do. I love planning out my own life, but I do not like having to make my own decisions.

This entire week, I have been waking up at 6:30, no matter what time I went to bed. I sleep at midnight, I wake up at 6:30. I sleep at 2, I wake up at 6:30. I always wake up feeling panicked and stressed. AGH. Pimples on my face! :(

I'm going to watch 30 rock now instead of going to accounting. I'm kind of hungry. Oatmeal is not very satisfying. The packaged portions in the Costco variety pack are TINY. I would normally eat about three times the serving. It reminds me that American portions are not healthy portions!

1 comment:

A9SecondSleeper said...

HOORAY! you got an internship! woo!

and oops! if you're not going to be in berkeley, please disregard my last comment.