Sunday, May 3, 2009

Why am I not sleeping!

Jeepers. Technically, my day started TWO days ago! It has been a super long (but very fun) day! It started on Friday night when I went over to Laura/Soo Jin's for a SLEEPOVER! I brought my cornbread mix which turned out to be very delicious. We watched The Lost World which was still very dramatic and suspenseful to watch, a decade later. Vince Vaughn is in it. They blew up the air bed for me and tucked me into bed. HEHE I also wore Laura's PJs for most of the night because my jeans were super drenched from the rain.

We ended up sleeping at like 3am. Well, Soo Jin read until 4:30. I woke up at 6:45 am but I fell back asleep and just kept going in and out of sleep until I finally got up around 9:30. I felt like I was doing the Walk of Shame when I went home. If I had been wearing a dress and heels, it would have probably looked super trashy. I hope to actually walk the walk of shame one day. But don't think I'm a super slut or anything.

I went home and tried to resist eating one of my aptmate's donuts. I failed. I spent my entire morning downloading music. My new favorite artist is Blind Pilot! They were on Chuck.


Then Soo Jin and Janie were going into SF to look at apts and I tagged along. SO EXCITING! Very adult-like. I was very surprised by the quality of the apartments. Their first one was pretty nice - very nice views, very bright, very clean. This is the least of my worries for now, but I hope when I graduate I will have made good friends to room with and will have the ability to pay for an apartment in the city (or preferably Emeryville). I think my Berkeley friends are too successful! They can so confidently put down their employer's name and position. They make me embarassed to be hanging out with them because I am so unsuccessful :(

We did SO MUCH walking today! Basically from 12:00-7:30 we saw two complexes and also walked around a lot of SF. Janie's place is super cute - one of those Victorian houses that I used to dislike but now appreciate. We ate at Japantown for a 4:00 lunch. My sense of time was completely off the entire day, because I had woken up later than usual, because I hadn't gone to the gym, and because it was overcast the whole day.

We got back to Berkeley and I was ready to just go home and sit at my table but I was convinced to go back with them. Andria had planned for us to go to this pool hall since she HAS FINISHED HER THESIS YAY! 40 pages of stellar work! :D UNFORTUNATELY ARGH I tried to get in with Laura's expired ID and I was DENIED! I FELT SO BAD :( I was ready to just walk home but then they came out! AH I felt terrible. :( I'm sorry! We ended up going to Beta Lounge which was only a block away. We stood outside for a very long time until someone came out and was like "are you guys ever going to come in?" but in a nice way. So we went in and somehow left with a $98 bill. HAHA

I had soju for the first time. It was meant for the koreans of the table, but no one was drinking. Oddly, I was the one who pushed it! I don't like mixed drinks because the smells are gross and I don't like the idea of consuming so much unnecessary sugar so I was like "I'll take half a shot!" And that did it. I didn't have time to take my Pepcid AC though, which I have been carrying in my purse forever! My purse now permanently contains: floss, pepcid AC, a pen, and an extra toothbrush. Soo Jin said "do you also have an extra pair of underwear?" HA

And then someone ... oh god was it the guy I met today? Brent? All I know is that he was in a track jacket. HAHAHA Anyway, he and Soo Jin made a bet: he claimed that he could get the waitress to drink with him and we were like UH NO WAY is she going to drink with you! Laura very kindly said something along the lines of "maybe if you were dressed better she would, but you're wearing a track jacket and a tshirt!" AHHA I said "I'm sorry but you're an asian guy and she's a white girl - it's not going to happen."

BUT DUN DUN DUHHHH!!! He asked her and at first she said no but then he was like "I don't have anyone to take a shot with!" and she said ok! (She also later said "I'm down for anything," - HOW SALACIOUS!) HAHA She didn't come immediately back so we were all like "SHE SAID NO" but we were all proven wrong. Poor Soo Jin lost and had to treat him to Top Dog, but as she said, the drink was more expensive than the hot dog so it was ok.

AHHA Soo Jin had pretty freaking awesome work stories. DRAMA! I'm sad that I didn't get an internship again :( So much juicy stuff seems to happen. I want to get Soo Jin MORE drunk! I bet she has TONS of excellent stories to tell

Hmmmm so then we left and went to Top Dog to eat. Yum yum. I always say I'm going to try something besides a garlic frankfurter but when it comes time to decide, I panic and just order the same thing. Delicious though! We went back to my apt to eat ice cream (YAY to my apt convenience!) and before we knew it it was freaking 2:40am! We had earlier been like "secrets come out around 4am" which is SO TRUE! I have found that if you are up really late trying to do homework and so is another friend, often times you will IM each other and then secrets just POUR OUT! Maybe I need to stay up later!

It is now 4am. I should go to sleep! I haven't done any work today! Goodness. BUT FUN DAY! :)

4 comments:

coonie said...

OMGAH that's always me!! i'm always trying to attempt soemthing new at places i eat at all the time but i chicken out in case they suckk. T_t I WANT EARL GREY ICE CREAM

Unknown said...

SALACIOUS! I had to buy brent TWO hot dogs...who would have thought?! Friggin Summer with her perfect body and high tolerance for free drinks...

mel tang said...

HAHAHA I FORGOT THAT WAS HER NAME. I wish I had had curves like her!

Anonymous said...

secrets also come out early in the morning when ppl are sleepy and defenseless! LOL