Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Lesson in ethics

I remember in high school I was watching some TV show and wondered why a character who slept around indiscriminately would have the decency to tell all of his past sexual partners that he had later found out that he was carrying a STD. I thought it was kind of unbelievable that someone would go through the embarassment of calling up some one-night stand and reminding them of their awkward past. I figured it was just some poorly constructed plot device to create drama, and no one ever cared if it was out of character.

TURNS OUT that it's actually a CRIME to sleep with people knowing that you have a deadly, transmissible STD! I DID NOT KNOW THIS! You can actually be charged with attempt to murder! I learned this in my negotiations class, which I love and hate at the same time.

One good line in my negotiations class: "Maybe she was depressed and just wanted to get laid!"

Anyway, it was the first time I was really like, WOW this law NEEDS to be in place, because most people are not going to do the right thing, otherwise. At least, that's my opinon. Maybe you have higher expectations of people. I wonder what else is a law that I don't know about.

I have no time in the day! I went to sleep at 4am yesterday, woke up at 8am, spent the entire morning getting parts of my life together and then went to work. I didn't even go to the gym today! I went out to eat dinner with RCSA and came back at 11. Which sounds late, but I was really only out for four hours! (Ok, I thought about it and I guess being out for four hours on a weekday is not the best idea). Now it's 2:20, which means taking out shower time, I've only had three hours of the day to myself! Eesh. Even after I declare it the end of a day because I no longer have the energy to do work, it takes me about an hour to figure out what's on my agenda tomorrow. And none of it ever gets completed! Am I incompetent or is there really too much to do?

I really don't want summer to come! I want this semester to last forever! I'm going to be very lonely starting this summer :( Perhaps I should have invested in some non-graduating friends. I can't believe school is over in half a week.

4 comments:

A9SecondSleeper said...

Do you get all those little things that happen in weeds?

Anonymous said...

what...damn. lol you're already done...hrmmm if you and i were both 21, and you were visiting la, i would take you to places to enjoy happy hours and appetizers. :]

coonie said...

i agree.. there is not enough time. ever!!

Anonymous said...

Oasis - I'm Outta Time