Friday, May 8, 2009

What a strange day

I ended up only eating two dinners. Little Star Pizza was delicious as always! Everyone always asks me "how did you find out about this place!" and I tell them about how Owen recommended it to us when people came up to visit me :) I did not realize it was SO CLOSE to 16th Mission bart station. Last time I was there, Li-Ting picked me up and we were driving towards her house and I was like "I wish I knew where Little Star was!" Turns out it's about three blocks in the opposite direction of where we were! Sadness that we did not go that night.

I am at Laura and Soo Jin's apartment again. I am not studying/working AT ALL! I took a one hour nap on their ground and now my body is too tired to do anything. Eek. I should really sit down and focus on my work in a more study-conducive environment. But I can't bring myself to do it. It seems so useless! I'm not going to be using finance! It is unfair that I cannot P/NP a business class. I am probably going to sleepover again. How funny that it's a five minute walk from their apartment, but I still sleepover. Because they have delicious foods! I eat the most healthy and most unhealthy foods here. Stalks of celery accompanied with bread smeared with peanut butter and (g)nutella. And there is so much witty banter that goes on. I feel like I am expanding my mind when I am with these two.

I bumped into someone at the Bart station which reminded me of the How I Met Your Mother episode where it's about all the little things that lead you to some huge moment in your life. This moment was not a huge moment at all - it just felt very surreal because I did not expect to ever see this person again. If I hadn't
1) Stopped to put more money in my bart ticket then
2) We would not have missed the first Dublin/Pleasanton bart train and
3) I would not have seen my friend and
4) If I had not just washed my hair today then
5) I would not have had a fairly good hair day and
6) I probably would have been too embarassed about my appearance to say hello

and of course, if I had declined Laura's offer to go to SF to eat Little Star, I would not have been in SF in the first place.

Life is strange

1 comment:

jackie said...

LITTLE STAR PIZZA :(

we should catch up over summer! you're one of the few people i know who will be here lol.