Monday, November 3, 2008

Two weeks of school left!

According to my fake calendar, which doesn't count the week of Veteran's Day, Thanksgiving, or the week before finals. I just took a midterm today in accounting. MUST. GET. A+. It sounds ridiculous but knowing that I might get bad grades in my other business courses makes it less ridiculous. I think I got one problem wrong though. Usually when I think that, I end up getting a ton wrong. And when I fret about little things I usually end up getting a good grade. X_X It's a curse. I've come to assume that if I think I did well, I actually did horribly, and if I think I bombed it, I came out better than expected.

I'm typing with gloves on right now. I just suddenly felt very cold. I think I was always cold but didn't notice while I was writing my paper. It's strange to type with gloves on. Kind of like feeling around in the dark.

I wanted a 4.0 this semester, but now I'll reassess. I want an A+ in accounting, an A in ESPM, an A- (maybe an A if I do magically well on the second midterm) for microecon, and anything that's above a B- for marketing. I kind of would like to hope for a B+ but that seems impossible. SIGH SIGH.

Robinson has made me REALLY HATE Haas. My love for Berkeley fell this summer, and then it slowly climbed back up a little after moving into the apartment. But after taking Haas classes, HATE AGAIN! WHY was I born in 1988? What a shit year. It seems like all the changes took place for our year, like the new SAT and whatever else it was that everyone complained about. I think it was the test all high school seniors had to take. AND I was talking to Chrystal about how I think I must be incredibly stupid to be struggling in some of my Haas classes when she said that they are making it harder so the school can be ranked higher. SIGH. WHY! They changed the curve so now 50% aren't getting A's, like they used to. :( Also, if I had been born in like 1986, I would not have to compete for jobs in a crappy economy.

Tomorrow is election day! I finally looked at the sample ballot. HAHA I'm a terrible voter. I really shouldn't have registered for Berkeley. I don't really care about any of the city measures because I won't be living here in a year anyway. I also did not realize how racist/homophobic my parents are. My mom doesn't make very many racist comments and my dad just doesn't really talk at all. I guess because of the people I'm surrounded by, I'm under the impression that EVERYONE is clearly going to vote no on 8 or for Obama, at least in California. Apparently my parents are both voting yes on 8, and my mom was like "I'm going to vote for McCain." I remember she liked Hilary more because she was more experienced, and she says that for McCain as well. There was a great long pause between my going "Why? Because Obama's black?" and her response of "why would you say that? ... McCain just has ... more experience." Oh well. Her vote for McCain won't make much of an impact.

Someone just rang my buzzer. It turned out to be my landlord. I wish there were a way to see through the door without opening it. One day I'm going to accidentally let a murderer into my apartment.

I should do homework now. Should I do easier, less important classes, or harder, more important classes? OR SHOULD I PLAY TETRIS?

1 comment:

coonie said...

I've come to assume that if I think I did well, I actually did horribly, and if I think I bombed it, I came out better than expected.

ah! that is exactly like me. whenever people ask how i did, i just say i don't know. HAHAA