Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day!

I voted today! Kind of weird - I don't pay very much attention to politics but while I was walking back from class, I was very antsy and just wanted to go and vote. When I got there, I had to wait in a line of five people. At first I was like "A LINE?!" When I got back home, I was reading some articles and it said some people waited like two hours in line. So that made me feel kind of foolish.

There MUST be a more technologically advanced way to vote. I think signing your name to check-in is kind of ... primitive.

Maybe four years ago, I wouldn't have expected myself to be voting today. Which makes me sound like a very ignorant and lazy American, which I probably am. I think watching the Daily Show makes me care more. HAHA And I was reading a blog where the blogger was like "I don't date people who don't vote" and I was like GASP. I think that might have been the main reason I registered, not because I necessarily want to date that person, but I think that statement has merit. I think a better idea for celebrity PSAs on voting would be if they all said "I don't date people who don't vote" and they had celebrity couples that were like "Do you vote?" "Of course!" and then they do something cute together. I think that would be far more effective than the fairly annoying "DON'T VOTE" ads that they made.

This might be one of the busiest weeks I will have this semester. I have a lot of homework that I didn't have time to do, since I was studying for my accounting midterm. And I also have to do all the homework for next week, since I'M GOING HOME! At the same time, I have little things to do, like Election Results tonight and eating at a restaurant that I have been planning to go to for some time. Also, I want to buy some Cal Gear. I went to the store in between classes and found a jacket I like. There are some sweatshirts I like, and I want at least one. There are too many cute t-shirts, so I'm just not going to buy any. I want a pair of sweatpants too. It'll probably cost me like $250 if I got everything I wanted.

I came here to turn off my music so I could study in quiet, and that was about 20 minutes ago. I guess that's what happens. In those twenty minutes, I've ended up blogging and eating four pieces of Trader Joe's peppermint cremes. Oh, self, how you disappoint me.


I like this song, but you have to skip past 24 seconds of talking. The guitar in the beginning sounds reminiscent of something, but I can't pinpoint it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"waiting for an invitation" to what? a wedding? a party? into someone's bed? hahaha. when i read your blog entries i feel like i've just walked along side you through your day...sorta. otherwise it's too weird sounding.