Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Keyboard Shortcuts

I can't believe I'm writing a blog entry when I have YET to start my environmental sciences paper. AGH! I don't think I can finish it tonight, at least not if I want a gibberish-free paper. :(

My Logitech mouse has not been working well the past week so I just stopped using it. I'm pretty sure it's because I kept banging the USB connector against the wall when I took my laptop in and out of the bathroom (so I can play music when I shower, not so I can do weird stuff with my computer in the bathroom), so now something is messed up. I need to start keeping ALL of my receipts, because I could have sent it in for warranty but I am certain I threw the receipt and box away.

I've been slowly picking up some keyboard shortcuts and I LOVE learning how to use them. It would be awesome if I were able to do EVERYTHING mouse-free, but I don't know if that is possible. I would have to figure out how to navigate different menus without clicking but I don't know where to go after pressing the button with a menu and mouse pointer on it.

My favorite shortcuts are:
Alt + Tab which lets you switch between programs. I think the large icons are very cute
F5 which is refreshing the page
Control + R, L, or E for different justifications on Microsoft Word, which I LOVE to do without having to search for the icons
Control + T for a new tab on the web browser

I bought a CD for FULL PRICE today. It's a little sad how long I debated whether or not to buy a real CD that was not preowned. The cd that gets this distinction for the first time in several years is The 88 - Not Only ... But Also. I have been meaning to buy this CD for a long time, but when I saw its album cover displayed on Rasputin, I couldn't leave without it. It was only $7.73 which was fairly cheap.

No comments: