Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Profitable companies

One of my projects this semester is to write a report on a company looking at its financial trends. The professor recommended that we research a profitable company, since it's easier to write analysis about a profitable company. I just spent half an hour looking for one. I had to look for a list of companies with rising stock prices on Forbes to get ideas. Kind of sad. I settled with DirecTv. This project is dumb, in that we have to work in groups of four-six. The class itself is very anti-group work. It's ACCOUNTING. I have never spoken to anyone in my group once, since we decided to get in a group together. It could easily be written up by one person. I kind of want to just do it all myself and say "check over it please." But I should also concentrate on my actual work.

I finished my microeconomics homework and ... kind of answered all the questions. We shall see if any of them were answered correctly.

Wow, Forbes.com has a huge collection of lists. I'm looking at vainest and most sinful cities. SF is 2nd most sinful, SJ is first. I wouldn't have expected San Jose to be very sinful - my image of the place is just families. Surprisingly, LA is the 8th most vain city, not first. And SF is --- OK I MUST STOP. HOMEWORK TIME.

OH. I bought an awesome Cal jacket today. It's very athletic looking. I hope I can pull it off, and people don't think I'm a poser.

1 comment:

defferoo said...

jeff says nintendo is a really profitable company lol
btw this is danny