Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween at Home

I'm sitting in my apartment right now. Just watched an episode of Gilmore Girls when I had planned on studying. Oops. HAHA I can't concentrate anymore. Maybe I should start studying outside of the apartment. :( It might also keep me from eating constantly.

Today was supposed to be a crazy study day, but instead I went out with Chrystal. HAHA We drove to Gregoire's - had a delicious grilled flank steak on a baguette. Her quiche looked even more delicious though. We sat on the barstools, where I got the wonderful sight of the cook throwing a heap of butter onto the grill. Oh well. I guess that's partly why it tastes so good. HAHA I feel like I have to go there TOMORROW to see the November menu. I think I will start making it a personal monthly tradition to eat at Gregoire's since they have a monthly menu.

I don't remember how we decided this, but we went to Andronico's. If I were to get a good job, I think I would shop there. Actually, maybe only for the desserts. $2 grapefruits still feel kind of ridiculous. Mmm ... I was able to resist buying a fruit tart. Chrystal made it VERY hard, as she kept going "just get it. You know you want it. Just get it" and after she ordered her dessert she was like "I think she wants that fruit tart" and I had to go "NO!!! I don't! But thank you." HAHA I was pretty full from Gregoire's, which was the only reason I didn't buy it. I'm certain that I would have otherwise succumbed and bought a $21 giant fruit tart, whether or not I had promised to start my week-long diet today.

I thought we would just drive back, but Chrystal must have felt SPONTANEOUS so we drove further up to northside. We didn't know what we wanted to do, but we saw a sign for Tilden Park and decided we would go there. Instead, we were driving around and saw the Berkeley Rose Gardens, which I had never even heard of before. It is AMAZINGLY beautiful. I would call it a really good date place. I never bring my camera out anymore, so I didn't take any pictures :( But the views were amazing. There's a nice view of the bay, and you can see the little mountains in the ocean. The weather was perfect too - cloudy but no fog, so you could see pretty far.


This is a decent picture, but it doesn't do the place justice. It basically looks like an amphitheater, but each aisle has roses. Apparantly it was a WPA project that was well-kept over the years. It was a wonderful, random find. I think I will attempt to jog there one day, although it's a pretty steep uphill climb.

Mmm I have the taste of hummus in my mouth. White Bean with Basil, which is not nearly as good as the Garlic hummus, but I've slowly gotten used to it. I think it kind of tastes like eating pesto sauce. When I go home, I'm going to introduce my mom to hummus. I seriously eat this like every day for breakfast, afternoon snack, and sometimes a nighttime snack. I think I should look into beginning a Mediterranean diet. I hear they are very healthy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

GREGOIRE'S :[ i miss it...lol yay for your fun day.