Thursday, November 20, 2008

"I wish life were like driving on a bridge all the time"

That makes no sense, but I'm extremely tired. I've been out since 1:00 and just got back and showered (it's almost 1am now). How much money did I spend today? $181.62. Holy fucking shit. It's not even Black Friday yet. This month's expenditures chart is going to make me want to kill myself. It's not even the HOLIDAY SEASON YET. FUCK.

I spent a total of $123.62 on shopping, $17 on food, $25 on a concert ticket, and FREAKING $16 for parking and toll. Transportation costs are DIVIDED IN HALF with Chrystal. Fucking ridiculous. NOW I understand when public transportation is cheaper than private transportation. When you have to freaking PARK IN SF. What am I to do if I work in SF?! I don't want to ride the bart back during rush hour and there's no way I can drive to work every day. I guess I'll just live in the office until 8pm, when traffic dies down.

I don't like the shoes that I bought today but I CAN'T BELIEVE I FOUND A CUTE BLACK DRESS! HALF OFF at Bebe too! Who would have thought that I would ever buy anything at freaking BEBE? It's not skanky - to be honest I don't remember how it looks but I'm far too tired to try it on right now. I should make sure that my necklaces and shoes all match but whatever - what can I do if they don't? I just remember being surprised that I actually liked the dress at Bebe when I tried it on. It was the second store I looked at too! Looking for shoes at DSW got really desperate so I just went with the first pair I had looked at. Of course, it took me about two hours to decide that. -_-

After shopping, we went to Little Star Pizza and by this point I was FREAKING hungry. OMGGG SO Delicious though. We went to another one, not near Castro but closer to the Civic Center. Apparently it's walking distance to the bart station, so I think I will be eating litte star pizza A LOT MORE OFTEN! Chrystal LOVED it. Once again, I ate half a pizza, but it was a 9" not a 12", so it wasn't nearly as painful as the time I ate half a pizza with Alvin. Added bonus: we found really close, free street parking. AMAZING!

But the parking for concert - NOT AMAZING. Thank goodness there was an $18 maximum. -_- Chrystal and I were freaking out because while paying for drinks at the concert, we realized that we had ended up with only a $1.50 left in our pockets. NOT GOOD. I'm trying not to think about the fact that I spent close to $200 in a day. The dress is forgivable. The shoes and necklace, not so much. I could have saved $10 if we had just taken the Bart instead of driving, but we had assumed lugging around shopping bags to a concert would be too big of a hassle. Other than that, I have no regrets.

The concert was ok - pretty good considering I have never really listened to Minus the Bear, except for when Chrystal would play it in our dorm room. It made me want to go to more concerts. We managed to get a table on the side, which felt a lot nicer than having to stand for three sets.

And, AMAZINGNESS! I totally have a sense of direction in SF now! After walking from the Transbay Terminal to Westfield several times this summer, and then a few times taking the muni, I've kind of gotten a vague idea of where the major streets in SF are. At one point, I was like "I think we go this way" and I was TOTALLY RIGHT, even though I had no map in front of me. Awesome.

I'm so tired. SOOO TIRED. I'm going to sleep now.

Three more weeks of fucking marketing and the worst class of my life will be over. More on this one day, when I'm feeling more hateful.

Yay to a good day. Boo to the fact that tomorrow I will once again be blowing a hole through my wallet. Dinner's alone will be $50. Fuck my life. WHY CAN'T I BE MAGICALLY RICH?

I think I will start working again. If only so I can ease the guilt of the next week (oh god, Black Friday, I dread you and what you shall do to my bank account).

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i feel better now after my shit day after reading your blog for some reason, so thank you for that

meltang said...

AWWW!!! I hope it's not because my blog proves I have a terrible life

Anonymous said...

haha, no just sort of helped me calm and not be so mad

coonie said...

how cute


minus the bear is coming here too

FL said...

danny has been acting cute lately

-- coonie, but I agree