Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Running the streets of Berkeley

I finally did something I have always wanted to do: jog around Berkeley. I did not set a goal for myself, which saved me the trouble of falling below it. The sweat on my skin and my heavy breathing tells me I did ok.



This is one of my favorite covers by her. It was one of the songs that I hadn't heard before, so now I feel like hers is better than the original. And, I know this just highlights my stupidity and lack of knowledge, but before she covered Girl, I always thought it was a song by Rhett Miller because I had that song and not the original Beatles one. HAHA I really should try to look for more Beatles songs besides the ones on their One cd.

I was jogging in search of the track near Clark Kerr. I was trying to get from point B to point A (backwards yes, but I'm too lazy to fiddle with google maps)


View Larger Map

I ended up going around Clark Kerr, through some parking lots, and then suddenly on Claremont Ave. I just jogged around more familiar streets and decided I'd try looking for the elusive track another day. If you want to waste time, zoom in on that map and you can see a disturbing amount of detail at the street view.

The streets of Berkeley are nice to jog on in terms of scenery. But my lungs kind of hurt from the cold air, and today was not even a very cold day. It feels like a huge accomplishment to make it through an uphill street. But running downhill sucks, because I feel like I am prematurely ruining my knees. One might say, I am depreciating them at a double life rate rather than straight line. Ha. HA! Accounting humor.

Any calories I burned will of course be ruined by FREE IHOP PANCAKES! For all the grief this economy has caused me, careerwise, it's given me a lot of joy from free food.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

i can totally show you where the track is. i cant believe you havent been there before!

and i didnt even comment on purpose to make you happy, i did it because this needed to be shared. dual purpose.

mel tang said...

HAHAHAHA show me!