Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Oddly, best semester ever

I hope I didn't just jinx myself

Here are many reasons why one might think I am very unhappy this semester:
1. I have only been going to the gym once a day and it is usually to do the elliptical halfheartedly
2. I am very fat after winter break, when I had planned on having abs at the beginning of 2009
3. I have not studied at all ... and this is not an exaggeration but a very literal statement
4. I did not get as many interview requests as I would have hoped back in sophomore year
5. I keep waking up in the middle of the night

BUT. I think this might be the best semester yet! Let's revisit those "negative" reasons.

1. At least I have actually been going every day. I had planned on jogging or swimming at night, but I always have something else to do. And this semester, I am more intent on making friends than chasing the futile dream of losing weight
2. I think I've lost any self-control I once had, but at least I have been eating delicious cookies these past few weeks
3. Alvin bought me a textbook holder and I honestly believe that it will help me study. But I won't be putting this theory to test until maybe ... after this weekend
4. I got more interview requests than I expected after last semester
5. Because I have been going to bed at like 11-12pm! Sleeping that early makes it ok when I wake up at 6 am get out of bed at 7:30

I've been going out every night since I got back from school. It is probably why I haven't gotten anything done yet. I go to the gym, and then rest. And then I either have class, or I decide to catch up on tv. Then I always have some activity to do. And once I get back from that, I decide I have to rest with some more tv. And then 11:00 rolls around and I decide to go back to sleep. It's a pretty chill semester.

Most of my close friends are graduating this semester, so I feel like I am also a senior, rushing around trying to do everything I have always wanted to do. It sucks not being 21 when my friends are all turning 22. And then next year I will be the 21 year old with 20 year friends. Lameness.

I have been trying to go to more (school) clubs this semester and make friends. I find it impossible to meet people in Haas. Partially because lectures are so large, and partially because I am predispositioned to not like the people in Haas. For example:

Me: I want to make friends in my classes
Laura: What classes are you taking?
Me: Finance---
Laura: You're not going to make any friends there

I wish I DID have friends, because I have one class with a friend and lecture is infinitely better when I have someone to talk to. I've been trying to go to things where I would meet people that I would be interested in dating. The first time, I ended up leaving with a gay male and eating dinner with him. Which is kind of hilarious. In a FAIL sort of way. Extra failure points: we ate at Berkeley Thai House, which is a restaurant I actually really dislike but somehow always end up eating with people there. And always at my suggestion.

No comments: