Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Crappers

*Yesterday at Cafe Milano*

Christina: Mel, take this pizza!
Me: No, I don't want it
Leneve: Mel, just take it. I know you don't have other food in your fridge
Me: No! I can't be jobless AND fat. I have to have at least one thing going for me

This year really sucks. I wish I had not been born in 1988. I would like to have been born ... hmmm ... well it's hard to say. I definitely would not want to have been born in 1987 because instead of being sad about not getting an internship, I would be wondering how to deal with unemployment after graduation. But if I were born in like 1984, I'd probably have been laid off since I would be relatively new labor. And if I were born toooo far back, I probably would have lost substantial amounts of money these past months from various investments. And I have the impression that most people born after 1988 are stupider (particularly, people from AHS) so I don't want to be younger. So it's a lose-lose-lose-lose to infinity.

The war to get an internship is not over JUST YET. It will be March 4th though. So I'm counting down the days until then.

After realizing how inferior I am to many people in the world, I want to begin improving my life. If I do not have an awesome career, I have absolutely nothing! But I am so behind on all my schoolwork so I have to take care of that first. I am going to study very hard this week (which is difficult to do since I am going on retreat this weekend and it will be Thursday in twenty minutes) and I would like to be all caught up with intermediate accounting by Monday (since that is the day of the midterm). I will then study for managerial accounting after. And then I can begin having hobbies! And interests!

I like this song a lot. On Monday night, my favorite song was Kid Cudi - Day N Nite. On Tuesday, my favorite song was Kanye West - Love Lockdown, remixed by LMFAO. And today, my favorite song is Cyndi Lauper - Echo. I find it amazing that the woman who sang "Time after Time" and "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" has a new single out and it sounds pretty good. Anyone can have a comeback.



Today I was hungry and asked Kristen if she wanted to eat lunch at Gregoire's. We did some random errands together and then walked over and ate at 4:00pm. We had coupons for a free soup, and that totally plused the meal. Then we went to eat at a little cupcake store, Love At First Bite which is one of those places that sells a single cupcake for $2.75. It was a nice random splurge. It's also in one of the cutest Berkeley restaurant areas I have been to, and there are A LOT of cute Berkeley restaurant areas. It is totally a cute date place.

I enjoy talking to Kristen a lot. She was the first person to tell me about her personal experience with the much crappier job market. Her stories definitely prepared me for the difficulties of getting an internship/job; otherwise I'd probably be wayyy more depressed and freaked out right now. But now I've kind of accepted reality and try not to bother people with my thoughts about the job market.

Kristen: I really wanted to go to that Haas forum, where you just tell the dean about all the things you think are wrong with Haas
Me: Oh, is that what that was? I thought people only went for the free lunch
Kristen: That too
Me: If I had gone, I would have said "why do I feel a sense of deep hatred whenever I see Haas School of Business? Can you change that?"

I am supposed to help recruit new RCSA members in the coming month. I do not know if I should tell them about my feelings for Haas. Saying, "I generally dislike the people there and dislike almost all of the courses, but I still want to be in it" may not be the encouraging words a prospective freshman wants to hear.

2 comments:

A9SecondSleeper said...

Lol... 88 DRAGONS FOREVAA!! But I feel bad. you just proved to me the lose lose infinity theorem!

Kristen said...

LOL to this entire post. Im glad my misery put yours in check