Monday, February 16, 2009

The mall is creepy

I went to the mall yesterday and bought two things from Wet Seal! As I was inside the store, I wondered to myself why I refuse to buy anything from Forever 21, since I don't want to spend money on clothing that I think is pretty cheap and only worth a few wears, but I am willing to buy clothes from Wet Seal which probably has the same standard of quality. Shrug.

I still have never found a nice pair of heels/boots/flats/sneakers. Seriously, the only type of shoes I am NOT looking for are crocs and gladiator boots. But I still find it impossible to find a single pair of something that I like. There is a pair of Nine West black closed toe heels that I really like that are extremely comfortable and would go with anything, but my mom said I should wait until a sale. It is a very classic look and I don't think it will ever go on sale. Which means I will never be able to buy the shoe.

After I shopped, I waited for my dad to pick me up at the Borders area. I was wondering to myself why it was so dark and I realized ... it's because ALL the restaurants in that walkway have shut down! Except for The Cheesecake Factory and Wood Ranch, all of them went out of business. It is REALLY eerie. The stupid light poles that change color were shut off too, so it was really dark. Our mall is so lame. I feel like it is dragging down the quality of Arcadia. I realize that development takes years of planning and no one would have expected the economy to take such a downturn when they approved plans for construction of the promenade, but I'm going to bet that it is not going to benefit our city for several years. My dad told me that after he had dropped me off, it took him thirty minutes to exit the parking lot because the parking lots led to dead ends. That mall is such a headache to go to and not very rewarding to shop in.

I start work after next week. I want to go SHOPPING! I never buy anything because I am very picky and I often think things cost way more than they are worth. But as I threw Chuck Season 1 into my costco shopping cart without a second thought, I told myself that maybe I should have the same carefree attitude towards clothes shopping as I do towards TV dvd shopping.

I really want to buy this:


Unfortunately, it costs $410.00. But only $246.00 on bluefly.com! Which is an evil site that tricks me with huge discounts on clothing that costs hundreds of dollars.

No comments: