Thursday, April 16, 2009

These heels were NOT made for walking

Today was a day of MANY firsts. I really need to stop eating from this bag of granola. Part of me wishes I had just gone to Gypsys and bought pasta. But when I got home, all I wanted to do was crawl on my hands and knees to the front door and shower.

- I curled my hair! The right side was VERY EASY and came out ok. Then when I switched to the left side I got confused and I'm pretty sure that I was curling it the wrong way for about ten minutes. X_X Curling hair takes so much time. No wonder girls are always running late

- I used someone's ID and got into a 21+ event! THANKS LAURA YOU ARE BOMB. I feel like I could do so many things now ... but I must return your ID soon. NOOO TRIPLE ROCK BREWERRYYYYY!!! It is a Thursday too! Kristen informed me that you should only ever go to Triple Rock Brewery on Thursday because that is when they serve "monkeyhead." All I want is their Bruschetta Rock ... mmmmmmmmm. Now Kristen wants me to go to Bear's Lair with her and Naomi tomorrow. Perhaps I will be returning your ID a bit later than expected, Laura. I love how I'm talking to her through my blog. BECAUSE I KNOW SHE READS THIS

- I went to the California Academy of Sciences. It's like ... a museum? In Golden Gate Park. It was WAY cooler than the long beach aquarium, I have to say. They had tons of crazy cool fish and other things too! So what happens is once every week (I think) after the museum closes they bring out alcohol, close it off to 21+, and have a DJ. People come in and it's exactly like going to the museum during the day, only it's actually CHEAPER and you can DRINK. They also have interesting lectures and the tickets sell out real quick. We weren't even able to get those. We had to buy the non-lecture tickets to get into the museum online.

It was PRETTY COOL. I can't believe someone was so smart to think of the idea - turning a boring learning place into a cooler adult hangout place. There were a LOT of people there our age. I think I check out people WAYYYY too obviously. I catch myself staring sometimes. If you were on the lookout and knew what kind of people I am into, I think it would be incredibly easy to tell when I was checking someone out. Anyhoo, I bought a Heineken for SEVEN dollars. And I totally clutched onto that bottle with all my life. My first ... ok fine still not legal drink. And not even the first drink I have bought (this was). But it WAS my first walk-around-drinking-alcohol-in-public alcohol! ^_^

The museum was pretty cool too. The best thing was when people started dancing. Not lame dancing but like CLUB dancing. No, the BEST thing was all the COUGARS dancing. I love cougars. I really respect them. They look great for their age and who says you have to stop partying past a certain age? They are typically fitter than I am and have years of experience and less inhibition. One day, I aspire to be a cougar.

- Walked barefoot through SF. Not as romantic as one would think. Each stepped was marked with EXTREME pain. My Nine West heels that I had blogged about TWICE are pretty good, but they're not magical, and after four hours of walking and standing, I wanted to saw off my feet. The walk back to the car was filled with choices: shoes on or off? Walk on pavement or walk on grass? As I said, "this was the worst pain imaginable. WORSE THAN WATERBOADING"

In the future, I am going to buy a wonderful pair of flats, remember to bring my pepcid AC, and then we are going to do this RIGHT. We failed to go out to bars/lounges/clubs after the museum, because my feet hurt so much. Other failures include: Christina SLEEPING THROUGH the entire thing, our leaving an HOUR late, my NOT HAVING MY TICKET and having to buy another one, missing an exit on the freeway and having to go on the 101North DURING RUSH HOUR, Paget leaving her ID in the car (at this point, it was just hilarious how many things had gone wrong)...

Oh gosh. These past few Thursdays have been really busy. I don't like how Thursday is the new Friday. It makes Friday TERRIBLE! I remember last week, I was like WHAT?! CLASS?! But I had fun yesteday! Isn't it supposed to be the weekend?!

- The first time I ever appreciated SF houses. I used to think (as I'm sure a LOT of people do) that the houses in SF are pretty damn fugly. I didn't really get the appeal of ghetto looking houses with no yard or space between neighbors. But today, while we were driving through the streets of SF, I could kind of see into the houses (ok sounding kind of stalkerish, yes) and I would catch glimpses of the decor inside, and it just felt very ... nice? To get a sense of the life inside those houses without knowing the people at all. It was interesting to imagine what kinds of lives these people led. And when passing by so many of these houses that looked so similar yet all looked slightly different from one another, I just kept wondering like "who lives in there or there or there? I wonder if the people living there could be like my best friends ... or people I work with in the future or bump into randomly"

I really hope I get to live in SF. The city is so awesome. Like, this Cal Academy of Science Nightlife thing was the first real city-ish thing I have ever done. There aren't many under 21 things that have a very city feeling to them, I think. If I don't get a job ... I don't really know what will happen but I doubt I will be able to afford rent in SF while unemployed. Sigh. Life.

Well I have to freaking STUDY FOR 102B, WRITE MY DAMN INTERNSHIP APPS, do RCSA Cal day and ROHP stuff, hang out with Alvin, hang out with Chrystal, etc etc.

Me! In a museum! With curled hair! Drinking beer! Three unlikeleys in one picture

No comments: