Sunday, April 12, 2009

Something I found

I like to look for random blogs and read them if they are interesting. Usually I get bored of them after a while, because I don't know who the blogger is so it's hard to stay interested in their lives. The only blog I have continued to read is ninjapoodles.blogspot.com, and I think it is only because she has posted pictures of her kid so I can actually picture the people in my head.

Anyway, I found this on someone else's blog. I've colored the ones I find particularly novel or important red and the ones I can ignore grey

Health:
1. Drink plenty of water.
2. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a beggar (if I start with a bowl of cereal for breakfast, what would I eat that is a beggar-like dinner?)
3. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants. (I like this, but I think my problem stems from eating out too much, not eating processed foods)
4. Live with the 3 E’s — Energy, Enthusiasm and Empathy. (I question whether these are really the only E's but the only other E words I can think of are elephant and enzyme)
5. Make time to pray.
6. Play more games (I think I play enough Tetris in a day)
7. Read more books than you did in 2008. (Simple! I haven't read much in the past eight years).
8. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day. (While walking from house of curries to my apt, I found it necessary to turn on my iPod. I then realized how dependent I am on music)
9. Sleep for 7 hours. (Done!)
10. Take a 10-30 minutes walk daily. And while you walk, smile (but which smile!? medium? non-smile frown? large?).

Personality:
11. Don’t compare your life to others’. You have no idea what their journey is all about. (tell me about your life so I can feel better about my own!)
12. Don’t have negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment. (I can control how fat I am by dieting. I can control whether I get a job by being infinitely awesome at everything I do. I can control my social life by putting myself out there and being more outgoing. So, negativity continues!)
13. Don’t over do. Keep your limits. (But how will I know my limits until I push myself to the breaking point?)
14. Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does. (the blogger I stole this from thought this was the most important point. I assume since she is older than me, she is wiser, so I will highlight this)
15. Don’t waste your precious energy on gossip. (I don't really have any because I lead a relatively boring life. I wish I did though)
16. Dream more while you are awake. (Done! Particularly during managerial accounting. I guess that's really half-awake though)
17. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need. (This list seems to assume I already have a job)
18. Forget issues of the past. Don’t remind your partner with His/her mistakes of the past. That will ruin your present happiness. (I wonder why the His is capitalized. I thought this was another reference to God but then I wondered why God was my partner)
19. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. Don’t hate others.
20. Make peace with your past so it won’t spoil the present.
21. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
22. Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime. (What a random analogy)
23. Smile and laugh more.
24. You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.

Society:
25. Call your family often.
26. Each day give something good to others.
27. Forgive everyone for everything.
28. Spend time with people over the age of 70 & under the age of 6 (I don't like children and I don't know any old people)
29. Try to make at least three people smile each day. (Oh, I think I do.)
30. What other people think of you is none of your business. (FALSE! SO SO SO FALSE! I think after coming to college, I have only grown hypersensitive to how others perceive me)
31. Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch. (With enough money, I can hire a nurse to care for me)

Life:
32. Do the right thing! (Professor Ross taught me this last summer!)
33. Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful or joyful. (Hey you. Ugly friend. GTFO)
34. GOD heals everything.
35. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
36. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up. The best is yet to come. (Do they want me to dress better? Or just wear clothes?)
37. When you awake alive in the morning, be thankful GOD for it.
38. Your Inner most is always happy. So, be happy. (this was not a particularly good ending)


I went to the Movement showcase yesterday with Christina. IT WAS AMAZINGGG. Once again, I loathe myself for not having the ability to dance. There were a lot of cool songs played but I couldn't figure out the titles of them :( I wish I had more dance music. But when I search for dance music, I only find electronica. What I want is like Lady Gaga, but more obscure. Songs you would hear in a club.

:( The video I posted already got taken down. Boo!

6 comments:

A9SecondSleeper said...

=]

jackie said...

this is awesome! i read this more diligently than i did my homework ahaha

tinggg said...

take a chill pill. :)

coonie said...

this made me LULZ

31. Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch. (With enough money, I can hire a nurse to care for me)

HAHAHAHAH. i am one of the people you made laugh today, then. i got confused at the partner thing too, with the His capitalized.

Anonymous said...

this made me lol a lot. thank you melly, and yes, i am also one of those people you've made laugh!

danny said...

i like reading your blog, makes me happier lol