Monday, October 13, 2008

I fail at life


This is my new desktop background

I went to pick up my advisor code today, which allows me to get into all the Haas classes I want without having the inconvenience of being put on a waitlist. Haas priority! One of many great benefits of being in Haas. What I didn't know was that in addition to the advisor code, we get a little print out of our Degree Check, which tells us what we've completed and what else we need to graduate. I love how people in small colleges like the College of Natural Resources get advisors who go over their schedules with them and talk to them about their plans. And for us, we get a secretary handing us a sheet of paper. HAHA Still, it's more than I expected.

The depressing number on my degree check is my Major GPA, which is SO LOW I want to cry. Luckily, it's only 8 units worth of classes. If I can somehow get all A's this semester, my GPA would jump to 3.42, which is less suicidal. Now my biggest stress in life is getting a job. It's nice/scary to know that I'm at the point in life where my grades have such a clear, direct impact on my future. Whereas before, you kind of just try to do well because you know you're supposed to. Anyway, I'm going to try studying lecture 2/6 for marketing, then nap, then swim, then watch TV, then study some more. I have not yet started to read my Warren Buffet biography, which I have been waiting to read for a week.

I wish I could do this. But I'm 99.99% sure I will never be able to.

No comments: